• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

USUM / Let's Go, Pikachu! / Eevee! anime speculation thread

Right now, all I'm wondering if Ash will change his outfit to match the new USUM boy :p. Alright I know that probably has like a 1% chance or happening, but it would be cool. C'mon anime staff, just let Ash show off the customization feature once! :mad:
Didn't he already wear several different t-shirts? It wouldn't be unusual in SM.

Pretty sure there was some kind of placeholder for a new type of Lycanroc. If there is, I personally believe Ash's Rockruff will evolve into whatever that turns out to be (assuming it's true of course).

^ That would also explain the focus other characters' Lycanroc are getting.

I think to November we will get some evolutions and then we will see.

What's more it's been revealed that they're making a CORE game for the Switch, which would could also have an effect.

I know console entries never affect the Show--heck, the poor things don't even get something animated like a special or short--but this since this it part of the main series we better keep on our toes this time. :cautious:

Personally, based off them saying it could take more than a year I wouldn't be surprised if 2018 is a break year and the Switch game comes out 2019.

What's more it's been revealed that they're making a CORE game for the Switch, which would could also have an effect.

I know console entries never affect the Show--heck, the poor things don't even get something animated like a special or short--but this since this it part of the main series we better keep on our toes this time. :cautious:

Keep in mind that the Switch is a bit different than a regular console, as in it is an hybrid between a console and a portable game, so it wouldn't be too weird if they simply "broke the rule" with the Switch. And considering that it is essentially confirmed that it is a new game of the main series, the anime will surely follow suit.

I'm just afraid that, because of this, it is going to happen like XY&Z, where they will begin rushing stuff to finish the anime sooner and begin work on the new saga. And the incoming Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon may just contribute to jeopardize everything.

I'm just afraid that, because of this, it is going to happen like XY&Z, where they will begin rushing stuff to finish the anime sooner and begin work on the new saga. And the incoming Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon may just contribute to jeopardize everything.

Wouldn't that be a kick? The first part of SM would be kind of slow...then the rest is rushed AF. :confused:

Last edited:
The fact that they had Zygarde and its cells in the anime before it debut in the game does indicate that they have at least a little contact with Game Freak and know whats some information about the games so they should have at least an idea of when it comes so we won't end up with it not finishing at all, at best we will only get a rush like XYZ or a few episodes of extra filler like Decolore not an whole extra year or some other huge amount.

In what way was XYZ rushed apart from Serena's arc, though? It felt rather drawn out to me.

The League was terribly rushed and mishandled as well. Heck, most of the battles have been either skipped or ended way too fast. It doesn't help the fact that Alain crushed eight Gym Leaders in a ridiculously short time, either.

The rest was rather fine in terms of pacing, though.

Man, if Gen 7 ends up being short then SM's slow pace is even more disappointing.

Personally, based off them saying it could take more than a year I wouldn't be surprised if 2018 is a break year and the Switch game comes out 2019.

I wouldn't be surprised with that as well. While coming out next year wouldn't be out of the question, they did say that it wouldn't come out for more than a year. That would give more time for fans to afford a Switch, especially if the price drops by the time the games come out for that system. A part of me wouldn't be too surprised if SM is a shorter series. That might explain why they haven't had Ash go past the first Trial and Grand Trial yet, but I don't think we need to worry about that just yet. It's a possibility, but it could go either way right now.

2-year-long generation?! If true, that is a game changer.

I have found SM relaxing and enjoyable but if you only have 100 episodes to play with, the pace really needs to be set by episode 30 but we still have no idea even of the direction of travel.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom