• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UU Hit hard and wear down team

Phantump

Stumped
Reaction score
This is my UU team that I made to hit hard and wear down my opponent's team. Aero, Whimsicott, and Togekiss wear down to an extent, with Togekiss also hitting hard along with Bronzong, Flygon, and Rotom Heat. I'm not sure how well it does though, and I'm pretty sure team ratings go here.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect
- Hidden Power [Water]

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake

This is my UU team that I made to hit hard and wear down my opponent's team. Aero, Whimsicott, and Togekiss wear down to an extent, with Togekiss also hitting hard along with Bronzong, Flygon, and Rotom Heat. I'm not sure how well it does though, and I'm pretty sure team ratings go here.

Aerodactyl (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Flygon (M) @ Choice Scarf
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Outrage
- Stone Edge

Whimsicott (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Prankster
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Encore
- Substitute
- Energy Ball

Rotom-H @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Reflect
- Hidden Power [Water]

Togekiss (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Serene Grace
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Nasty Plot
- Roost

Bronzong @ Macho Brace
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
- Trick Room
- Gyro Ball
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake

IMO, you should put in a pokemon with spikes somewhere. You have 3 of the best spikers in OU:Roserade, Deo-D and Frosslass. Spikes help greatly to wear down your opponent. Note that you might a spinner if you do go with this strategy since spike-stacking was extremely used in UU last time I battled there.

Frankly I'm iffy about trick room on Bronzong. Stealth rock might be better.

Also, you might want to add some more description.

@Turtwig A

This team seems to have a glaring weakness to Ice moves, which most bulky Waters carry now. In UU, you need a counter to the three bulky Waters that are so common and great physical walls.

You're missing 4 EVs on Aerodactyl, which isn't overly important considering you're running a Sash. Still, 4 EVs in HP can still allow Aerodactyl to survive that little but longer. Roost is never worth a slot on Aero sets like this (or Sashed 'mons in general)--you can replace this with Earthquake or Hone Claws even. I never found Aero too good in UU, but if it works for you, it works. An alternative to Aerodactyl is to switch it with a Rapid Spinner such as Hitmontop, and give Bronzong Stealth Rocks over Trick Room.

Flygon is fine. Although, put 4 EVs into HP.

I don't know how you're finding this Whimsy set, but it wouldn't be my preference. Firstly, running a Sash and Substitute is very redundant, especially with Prankster. Give it Leftovers or possibly a Lum or Red Card for trollsiness. I'd also change the EVs completely to 252 HP/ 252 Def or SDef/ 4 Speed. Energy Ball won't be doing much anyway, so put in a filler like Taunt, U-turn, Toxic, Grasswhistle, etc.

Love the Rotom. You could try replace HP Water with Grass or Ice OR you could replace it with Pain Split, and Thunderbolt with Volt Switch for scouting purposes.

Timid works much better for Togekiss. You could also try Lefties over Lorb if it is dying too easily.

Give Bronzong Brave (+Atk -Spd) over Adamant. Trick Room doesn't benefit any other member of your team, so try replace it with Substitute, or any filler really. I'd also go with Leftovers over Macho Brave as the Speed drop is nowhere near worth potential recovery on your wall.

Your team is very stall weak and would benefit from that Hitmontop I mentioned earlier, especially for TSpikes. Let me know of any queeries, Turtleton.

@Turtwig A

This team seems to have a glaring weakness to Ice moves, which most bulky Waters carry now. In UU, you need a counter to the three bulky Waters that are so common and great physical walls.

You're missing 4 EVs on Aerodactyl, which isn't overly important considering you're running a Sash. Still, 4 EVs in HP can still allow Aerodactyl to survive that little but longer. Roost is never worth a slot on Aero sets like this (or Sashed 'mons in general)--you can replace this with Earthquake or Hone Claws even. I never found Aero too good in UU, but if it works for you, it works. An alternative to Aerodactyl is to switch it with a Rapid Spinner such as Hitmontop, and give Bronzong Stealth Rocks over Trick Room.

Flygon is fine. Although, put 4 EVs into HP.

I don't know how you're finding this Whimsy set, but it wouldn't be my preference. Firstly, running a Sash and Substitute is very redundant, especially with Prankster. Give it Leftovers or possibly a Lum or Red Card for trollsiness. I'd also change the EVs completely to 252 HP/ 252 Def or SDef/ 4 Speed. Energy Ball won't be doing much anyway, so put in a filler like Taunt, U-turn, Toxic, Grasswhistle, etc.

Love the Rotom. You could try replace HP Water with Grass or Ice OR you could replace it with Pain Split, and Thunderbolt with Volt Switch for scouting purposes.

Timid works much better for Togekiss. You could also try Lefties over Lorb if it is dying too easily.

Give Bronzong Brave (+Atk -Spd) over Adamant. Trick Room doesn't benefit any other member of your team, so try replace it with Substitute, or any filler really. I'd also go with Leftovers over Macho Brave as the Speed drop is nowhere near worth potential recovery on your wall.

Your team is very stall weak and would benefit from that Hitmontop I mentioned earlier, especially for TSpikes. Let me know of any queeries, Turtleton.

you gave a way better rate then mine./jealous :p

anyway, to the op, do try out specs raikou. not sure what you should replace though.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom