• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

UU Team needs advice

Ryme

Reaction score
Hey guys. So here is my UU team. The goal of this team is to weaken the opponents team with bulky offensive pokemon, then sweep with Reuniclus or Gogoat once a situation occurs where they can set up and their counters are removed. However, Im pretty new to the UU metagame and never was the best battler out there, so tips on items, pokemon and movesets are greatly appreciated. This is the team:

Metagross
Dugtrio
Granbull
Vaporeon
Gogoat
Reuniclus

Metagross @ Air Balloon
Adamant
252Hp/252Atk/4Def
Clear Body
Stealth Rock
Meteor Mash
Earthquake
Pursuit/Zen Headbut

His job is mostly to set up stealth rocks and put dents in the opponents team, in that order. Rocks are important for the team in order to get rid of focus sashes mostly, which greatly hinder my sweepers later. Due to his bulk and high attack stat, Metagross is able to do pretty good damage as well after his job of hazards is done. Not sure if Pursuit would be better over stab Zen Headbut. Stab Zen Heatbut hits hard (Chance to flinch is pretty trivial without speed investment on Metagross). Psysic coverage is not the best, and Pursuit trapping something can be useful.

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Jolly
252Spe/252Atk/4hp
Arena Trap
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge
Aerial Ace

Revenge killer. Comes in on something not flying/levitating, traps it, then outspeeds an k.o.'s it. Mostly there to take out Victiny, which seems to be quite common in this meta.

Granbull @ Rocky Helmet
Impish
252Def/252HP/4 Atk
Intimidate
Heal Bell
Play Rough
Rest
Sleep Talk

Physical Wall/Cleric. Heal Bell is important in case one of my sweepers get status'd (mostly paralysed, which I hate). Heal Bell + sleeptalk + rest can give you gimmicky random chesto's when resting and Play Rough is a strong stab with pretty good coverage.

Vaporeon@ Leftovers
Water Absorb
Calm
252HP/252Sp.Def/4Def
Acid Armor
Baton Pass
Wish
Scald

The standard Wish passing Vaporeon, with a little twist in Acid Armor. Walls water types and sp. attackers, sets up an acid armor and then baton passes it (with an optional wish) to Reuniclus or Gogoat so they can set up. Acid Armor can also allow Vaporeon to wall Physical attackers, who are expected to switch in on it. Due to his high HP stat, Vaporeon passes pretty nice wishes.

Reuniclus @ Life Orb (Leftovers?)
Bold
252Def/252Hp/4Sp. Atk
Magic Guard
Psyshock
Shadow Ball
Calm Mind
Recover

Comes in on something physical it can wall. Sets up calm minds in it's face (or in the switch in), then proceeds to wreck havoc as the opponents team can't touch it anymore. Not sure about the moveset (psy/ghost coverage) or the item. More power in Life Orb or more bulk in leftovers?

Gogoat @ Big Root
Careful
252HP/252Sp.Def/4Atk
Sap Sipper
Horn Leach
Earthquake
Milk Drink
Bulk Up

Reuniclus mirrored. Comes in on something special it can wall or something that spams grass moves, sets up in it's face (or in the switch in), then proceeds to sweep with Horn Leech/Earthquake. Horn Leech + Big Root keeps his HP nice and full, while Milk Drink is there for the situations where you just need bigger heals while setting up.

I am not using a spinner or defogger currently, as I don't think hazards are to much of a problem to my team with 0 pokemon being weak to stealth rocks, a team full of slow pokes not caring about sticky web and both Reuniclus and Metagross not being bothered by toxic spikes.
So please let me know what you think of this team and how you would change it.

Sincerely,

Ryme

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom