• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

V-Trainer Potential Umbreon, Rayquaza, and Ash

Reaction score
6E13E9B9-6F32-4EE3-ACFD-D36310E38F1C.jpeg

An image from Platina_chan of both the Umbreon Figure and Ash Chip
7753CD1A-AFD9-453C-B84A-F6CF5104F9C2.jpeg

An underside image of the Umbreon Figure, still credited to Platina_chan.

I did a bit of digging, as I adore Umbreon and wish to find a figure if it exists, and I ran across this. Obligatory New Member Intro Post..! + a V-trainer figure Question.
There's some cute generic collectors pics, but then Platina_chan claims to have a working Umbreon and Rayquaza figure, along with an Ash Trainer chip. Should we add the photo of the Umbreon figure and Ash chip from the post to the page on the V-Trainer to potentially inform readers of their rare existence? Should someone see about requesting video evidence of the Umbreon figure being used, both as proof as well as a record of how Umbreon would actually function, as it's a rare figure and having documentation could be rather valuable to those who are interested?
Platina_chan also mentions owning a Rayquaza somewhere, but that they are mid move, and so a lot of their collection is either 'packed or MIA'. I think we should keep an eye and ear out in her direction, in case her Rayquaza is real and functioning. She says in the comments that 'even with the Rayquaza, she couldn't beat Ash', suggesting that it did function at one point, and again, it would be nice to see the figure and document how it works.
Just some info and thoughts I figure I should point out, as well as potential actions we may wanna discuss. This may be an old toy, but I feel like it had a good concept and should be brought back someday. Maybe with ORAS out, but that was a while back, so I doubt it. They could release a new toy like this using all the Pokemon with Mega Evolutions, and sell a little bracelet that has to be tapped to the toy of, say Venusaur, in order to play a sound effect and then prompt the player to swap to Mega Venusaur. They could even cash in on the Tamagotchi aspect by making leveling and strengthening your Pokemon similar to the original via practice battles, but then also adding something along the lines of Pokemon Amie, allowing you to earn treats to feed your Pokemon after practice battles, and then getting better treats for trainer chips, and of course, the best treats for more difficult trainer chips. They could also improve on the battle concept by adding double battles and pvp battles (I don't recall there being pvp so I'm sorry if there was.)
Sorry, I just have high hopes for a concept like this. If they could make it more affordable than a DS plus cartridge, while keeping the experience similar, I'm sure kids would be interested! It'd be like Amiibos! (Not counting the ones made for the animal crossing boardgame, rip)

So yeah, TLDR, Platina_chan claims to have Umbreon, Rayquaza, and an Ash chip. I believe her but documentation of these old toys in action is rather useful imo, so maybe someone should ask for a recording of them in action, as well as keep an eye out for proof of the Rayquaza. Then I ramble a little bout how I hope this toy's concept can be revived someday.

Rayquaza

Looks like this is just a gathering of images of rare V-Trainer stuff, haha. Here's a Rayquaza, credit to Vedbendruins for the image. I agree with them though, the mold they have appears to be a bit derpy, haha.

3CD7C258-EA95-46DA-9B88-F14325E55DA0.jpeg

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom