• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Community Question Thread [v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
An urban fantasy in the style of Rick Riordan (with all pantheons having demigod kids).

My godly parent would be Ares, the Greek god of War
omg this
my godly parent would be apollo, greek god of the sun, music, poetry, chariots, medicine-
hes a jack of all trades

Would it be alright to say the Pokemon world as an answer? Because it's really perfect imo.

It is a beautiful, peaceful world with kind, friendly people and amazing Pokemon. Now realistically a shy person like me might still have problems becoming friends with people even if they are nice, but at least I'll get some Pokemon friends. Also, their technology is quite advanced which is another plus. They do have evil teams though. But overall their world still feels like a better place than ours lol.

Another contender would be the Harry Potter world because who doesn't want magical powers? And I had always wanted to go to Hogwarts as a kid so there's that too.

I love series like Hunger Games, Divergent, Maze Runner etc, but I definitely don't want to live there lol. Neither do I want to live in any DC/Marvel universe even though I am a huge fan of superheroes. Too much death and destruction going on over there.

Maybe something like Animal Crossing, mostly a combination of New Leaf and Happy Home Designer and NOT New Horizons (no offense but the tool durability is a real turn off). A place where money grows on trees, mostly clean peaceful environment and friendly animals. All the time in the world to pay off your debt and things like interior decorating or installing a new fixture is quite simple and significantly not nearly as time consuming as they are in real life.

Hmmm. I think I'd have to go with the Harry Potter world on this one. I'm not sure which era, maybe either the Marauder era or the Potter era since both seemed relatively interesting. For house, Pottermore placed me in Slytherin years ago (or Thunderbird if I went to Ilvermorny, which would make more sense since I live in the US xD), so I'd probably still go there, but I feel like I'd be one of those non-traditional Slytherins that breaks the stereotype that's out there. I think my favorite classes would probably be Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, and Astronomy.

Hmmm. I think I'd have to go with the Harry Potter world on this one. I'm not sure which era, maybe either the Marauder era or the Potter era since both seemed relatively interesting. For house, Pottermore placed me in Slytherin years ago (or Thunderbird if I went to Ilvermorny, which would make more sense since I live in the US xD), so I'd probably still go there, but I feel like I'd be one of those non-traditional Slytherins that breaks the stereotype that's out there. I think my favorite classes would probably be Defense Against the Dark Arts, Charms, and Astronomy.
omg this
i'd live in the potter era, and i'm a hufflepuff, and idk my classes, but yeah

Question 004
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
What are some weird fun facts that you've always wanted to share?

─────────────────────────​

In my home state of Massachusetts, it is illegal for a gorilla to ride in the back seat of any car.

Does this mean Donkey Kong ALWAYS has to ride shotgun?

You fools know not the Pandora's Box that you have opened by asking me for random and pointless trivia.
  • The protein responsible for proper segmentation of body parts is known as "Sonic hedgehog", with an inhibitor protein known as "Robotnikinin".
  • A male platypus has poisonous barbs on its rear feet.
  • You can tell what kind of bird has been eating your grapes by the kind of damage they deal. Some peck into the berry and hollow it out from the inside, others take bites, and others still simply crush the berry in their beak.
  • The order in which you typically say the Duck triplets' names (Huey, Dewey, Louie), is canonically the order in which they hatched, separated by mere seconds.
    • Speaking of the Duck triplets, their original names as intended by their mother were Jet, Turbo, and Rebel, respectively
  • The clawed gauntlets on WarGreymon's arms are specifically designed to deal massive damage to -dramon type Digimon.
  • Sistermon Noir was deemed inappropriate for North American audiences during localisation of Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth, most likely for her "Sexy nun" design, forcing the creation of an entirely new Sistermon named Ciel, who is practically identical to Nior in every way except she's more modest, blue, and has a mouse ear hood instead of cat ears.
I could go on, but, you don't wanna be here all day.

The Mana series originally started off as a gaiden series for the Final Fantasy games way back in the day, but Square then decided to make it into its own series not long after.

Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion) was named after Rei Hino from Sailor Moon in an effort to get Sailor Moon's director (Kunihiko Ikuhara) to work on the series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom