• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Community Question Thread [v3.0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a couple that have really stuck with me over the years, once more recently than the other.

"Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." - This one is said by Albus Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. It's just really stuck with me because even when times are rough, there's still happiness to be found and all you have to do is turn on a light (or rather find one). He says it at the beginning of the school year too, which I feel is important because even though nothing terrible has happened (yet), it still goes to show that even though there's extra rules and regulations (in the case of Hogwarts, the addition of Dementors guarding the school), you can still find happiness in it all.

"Even on the worst days, there's a possibility for joy." - This one is said by Kate Beckett in the season 5 episode "Secret's Safe With Me" from Castle. I only just finished watching this show a couple months ago, but the show as a whole has really stuck with me and Beckett is honestly one of my favorite characters. She says this quote when she tells Castle about a stick figure that's hidden in her desk that she and her dad made after her mom's funeral; she says the stick figure is a reminder that even on the rough days, there's still opportunity for happiness and that really stuck with me. I've had days that have started off bad or turned bad, and then somehow, somewhere along the way, they turn into good ones.

I'm struggling to nail down a single line that encapsulates it, but it's a general philosophy sprinkled throughout the better parts of the Sonic the Hedgehog series. If I had to pick a single quote that nails it best in a single line, I'd probably go for Shadow's line in Sonic '06 when Mephiles asks why he keeps fighting to save the world even though he's been shown that they will turn against him out of fear, and even this one doesn't quite get the entire thing across:
"If the world chooses to become my enemy, then I will fight like I always have!"
Put simply, fuck what people think of him, he's going to do what he thinks he should do anyway. It Doesn't Matter what people think of you or whether they agree with your choices. It's your life, do what you want with it and make it one you've been proud to live, even if someone else wouldn't agree.

Thought of another one after I'd posted.

"There is a universal truth we all have to face, whether we want to or not, everything eventually ends. As much as I’ve looked forward to this day, I’ve always disliked endings. Last day of summer, the final chapter of a great book, parting ways with a close friend. But endings are inevitable, Leaves fall, you close the book. You say goodbye. Today is one of those days for us. Today we say goodbye to everything that was familiar, everything that was comfortable. We’re moving on. But just because we’re leaving, and that hurts, there’s some people who are so much a part of us, they’ll be with us no matter what. They are our solid ground. Our North Star. And the small clear voices in our hearts that will be with us… always."

That's Alexis' graduation speech from Castle, at the end of season 4. The season 4 finale is probably one of my favorite episodes of the series, but this quote just really sticks with me because it's a reminder that even though things end, there's parts of them that are always with us. People make an impact on our lives every day, and those things stick with us for the rest of our lives.

Question 007
─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
If you could invent something that hasn't been invented, what would it be?

─────────────────────────​

Last edited:
A shrink ray to make heavy lifting less heavy.

Some sort of food producer. Want a Monte Cristo sandwich but don't have the skills or ingredients? That's what this device is for.

A Doraemon gadget that turns back an object's time basically fixing it.

Something that can bring back or track down lost objects.

A truth teller to prove innocent people well, innocent.

Teleporters for fast travel.

I could use it to fix my DS and 3DS.

Something to ensure people actually get the sleep they need that isn't prescription drugs.

Virtual Reality. Go anywhere you want whether its the real world or fictional locations.

Personal body temperature adjusters. Be as cool or warm as you want.

Hmm, that's a tough one. I think I'd have to agree with Captain Hawlucha in that a teleporter for fast travel would be cool. It'd be nice to be able to sleep in a little more and not have to stress about leaving by a certain time to get somewhere on time.

A device for share thoughts, feelings and sensations. A cool and bizarre thing.
Furthermore, I think that it is possible and not so remotely distant.

─────────────────────────

The Question this Week:
If you could delete one annoying thing from existence, what would it be?

─────────────────────────​

For me, there's definitely a list of them to consider. My gut instinct is wasps. I absolutely hate them flying in, buzzing about and I'm getting paranoid that they'll sting me.

Tooth pain is up there, but I think I'd rather have tooth pain than a wasp near me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom