• Saph continues his journey through Galar...or does he? Watch here to see if he ever realizes he hasn't taken down the Starting Soon screen.
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters! Click here to check out the event and sign up!

Contest: Valentine's Day General Election! Battle of the Pokémon Couples!

Best Pokémon Couple?

• Nidoran (Nidoran♂/Nidoran♀)

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Nidoran Mid-evos (Nidorino/Nidorina)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nidoran Final Evos (Nidoking/Nidoqueen)

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Fireflies (Volbeat/Illumise)

• Eon-duo (Latios/Latias)

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • Burmy evos (Mothim/Wormadam)

• Total voters
is back for 2014
Reaction score
There are, currently, 6 duos of Pokémon which are confirmed related by gender (1 male and 1 female in a duo). So I decided to make a poll dedicated to them, and to commemorate the coming Valentine's Day.

Which couple do you like most? The Nidoran couple? The Firefly couple? The Legendary Eon Duo? Or Burmy Evos?

Last edited:
Fossil Expert
Reaction score
Nidoking and Nidoqueen easy. I love both Nidoran lines, especially their final forms.

Reaction score
I've never used either in battle, but the Eon duo's designs are really good. Simple but effective. The way a Pokemon design should be.

Latias and Latios get my vote.

Master of Time
Reaction score
Latios and Latias, for sure.

I don't have any favorite Hoenn Pokemon, especially no favorite legendaries, but I do find myself liking these two a bit more than the others. They vaguely remind me of Lugia, which originates from back in the day when I thought they were related, and I think they're both very well designed.

Drama queen/Bug master
Reaction score
Eon duo ? Latios and latias are brother and sister. The ones in the film are anyway

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
Yeah, PrettyVenomoth is right. Saying Latios and Latias are a couple is gross. Anyway, I'm voting the Nidorans, because of the episode of the anime where their two owners fought a lot, yet they were still in love. :)

Master of Time
Reaction score
Eon duo ? Latios and latias are brother and sister. The ones in the film are anyway
Yeah, that's where the problem is. They were brother and sister in the film, but that does not mean that every other Latios and Latias are brother and sister.

Yeah, PrettyVenomoth is right. Saying Latios and Latias are a couple is gross. Anyway, I'm voting the Nidorans, because of the episode of the anime where their two owners fought a lot, yet they were still in love. :)
It's not gross at all, because every Latios and Latias isn't directly related like that. Just because the anime/a film depicted one thing does not mean that every other case is the same.

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
Yeah, that's where the problem is. They were brother and sister in the film, but that does not mean that every other Latios and Latias are brother and sister.

It's not gross at all, because every Latios and Latias isn't directly related like that. Just because the anime/a film depicted one thing does not mean that every other case is the same.
It IS gross. If one pair of Latias and Latios are siblings, why wouldn't the others be? Makes no sense to me.

Master of Time
Reaction score

It IS gross. If one pair of Latias and Latios are siblings, why wouldn't the others be? Makes no sense to me.
The Latios in the film had a father, right? Do you think he got kids with his sister?

Secret Sword of Justice
Reaction score
The Latios in the film had a father, right? Do you think he got kids with his sister?
Do you forget that one species of Pokemon can breed with a bunch of others? His father, if it was a Latios, which I don't know was actually ever confirmed, could've easily bred with a Ditto.

Reaction score
I´m sorry Kelleo, but what you´re saying doesn´t make any sense. There are many Latios and Latias and they don´t have to be related. Just because they were siblings in Pokémon Heroes it doesn´t apply to all of them.

I voted for eon duo, they´re my favourite legendaries. (Anyways, you could have included Gardevoir+Gallade)