• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Valentine's Day General Election! Battle of the Pokémon Couples!

S.S. Shadow Minun

is back for 2014
Reaction score
There are, currently, 6 duos of Pokémon which are confirmed related by gender (1 male and 1 female in a duo). So I decided to make a poll dedicated to them, and to commemorate the coming Valentine's Day.

Which couple do you like most? The Nidoran couple? The Firefly couple? The Legendary Eon Duo? Or Burmy Evos?

Last edited:
Nidoking and Nidoqueen easy. I love both Nidoran lines, especially their final forms.

I've never used either in battle, but the Eon duo's designs are really good. Simple but effective. The way a Pokemon design should be.

Latias and Latios get my vote.

Latios and Latias, for sure.

I don't have any favorite Hoenn Pokemon, especially no favorite legendaries, but I do find myself liking these two a bit more than the others. They vaguely remind me of Lugia, which originates from back in the day when I thought they were related, and I think they're both very well designed.

Yeah, PrettyVenomoth is right. Saying Latios and Latias are a couple is gross. Anyway, I'm voting the Nidorans, because of the episode of the anime where their two owners fought a lot, yet they were still in love. :)

Eon duo ? Latios and latias are brother and sister. The ones in the film are anyway

Yeah, that's where the problem is. They were brother and sister in the film, but that does not mean that every other Latios and Latias are brother and sister.

Yeah, PrettyVenomoth is right. Saying Latios and Latias are a couple is gross. Anyway, I'm voting the Nidorans, because of the episode of the anime where their two owners fought a lot, yet they were still in love. :)

It's not gross at all, because every Latios and Latias isn't directly related like that. Just because the anime/a film depicted one thing does not mean that every other case is the same.

Yeah, that's where the problem is. They were brother and sister in the film, but that does not mean that every other Latios and Latias are brother and sister.

It's not gross at all, because every Latios and Latias isn't directly related like that. Just because the anime/a film depicted one thing does not mean that every other case is the same.

It IS gross. If one pair of Latias and Latios are siblings, why wouldn't the others be? Makes no sense to me.

It IS gross. If one pair of Latias and Latios are siblings, why wouldn't the others be? Makes no sense to me.

The Latios in the film had a father, right? Do you think he got kids with his sister?

The Latios in the film had a father, right? Do you think he got kids with his sister?

Do you forget that one species of Pokemon can breed with a bunch of others? His father, if it was a Latios, which I don't know was actually ever confirmed, could've easily bred with a Ditto.

I´m sorry Kelleo, but what you´re saying doesn´t make any sense. There are many Latios and Latias and they don´t have to be related. Just because they were siblings in Pokémon Heroes it doesn´t apply to all of them.

I voted for eon duo, they´re my favourite legendaries. (Anyways, you could have included Gardevoir+Gallade)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom