• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

vB4 update finally successful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice job on the upgrade guys, though are still many bugs such as the smileys which don't work. :-D

Arcade Scores? Can the Test Forum ones be Transferered?

The new forum's looking pretty cool. It seems more....roomy as well.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the planning, I can assure you. We knew it would take a minimum of 3 days initially (remember, just updating the search index alone took 48 hours, during which we could do nothing else but wait for that script to finish), and it got blown out due to errors which hadn't happened when we'd done the exact same thing on the test forum.

Fair enough, I guess. Although I've seen bigger fora upgrade to vb4 in much less time, more like a matter of hours...

I don't want to be just complaining though, it's done and well :)

*shrugs* Maybe it could have been done quicker, but you have to consider that it's not like we do this as our full time job either. I have one IRL, many of the other staff who needed to be present have full time obligations as well. Between the size of the database and the amount of functionality we've implemented, it was always going to take time.

Has absolutely nothing to do with the planning, I can assure you. We knew it would take a minimum of 3 days initially (remember, just updating the search index alone took 48 hours, during which we could do nothing else but wait for that script to finish), and it got blown out due to errors which hadn't happened when we'd done the exact same thing on the test forum.

That, and the fact that the involved people had hard time being online at the same time due to timezones and busy schedules...

I love the look and how streamlined it is. Hate how there is facebook integration and whatnot. Of course its due to this being one of my more hush-hush hobbies but whatever.

......looks like im going to have WAAAAAAAY more fun here now...WAAAAAAAAAY moooooooore stuff to doooooooooo!...The v4 going to be fun for me.....this is cool!......you guys did a great job with this!!

Where is the 'welcome back Bulbagarden forums' party thread? I can't find it...
(Who has Champagne?)

Anyways it looks great, but I'll miss the test forums...

this is wierd, i dont like change, can you guys please chang it back to the one that lots of people fell in love with and stayed on here, i want to stay but will this change back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom