• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming Tomorrow - Info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evkl

Person-about-Bulba
Reaction score
Hi all,

We're going to start the upgrade to vB4 in about 24 hours. That's a kind of big deal, and for a summary of everything that it means you can check out the thread Archaic posted about the changeover. It means that these forums are going to be down for the duration of the changeover, which will take between one and three days. We'll provide updates as available with more specifics in the shutdown message that you'll see when you try to access these forums at bmgf.bulbagarden.net.

In the meantime, though, you don't have to be bored. We're going to be opening up our vB4 test forum to everyone so you can familiarize yourself with what's coming and have a place to get your BMGf fix. That link will be made available when you visit bmgf.bulbagarden.net upon the takedown. You'll notice that the test forum is a few months out of date; we made a copy of the Bulbagarden database a while ago to use for our own testing, and haven't updated it to the current database. So you'll be missing posts and threads and stuff, but we don't mind if you repost them on the test forum. But remember that the test forum isn't permanent--everything there will get deleted when we re-open the forums you find at bmgf.bulbagarden.net.

You can also access our IRC channel #bulbagarden on irc.systemnet.info throughout the process, or hop on over and make edits on Bulbapedia--both will remain up during the forums transition.

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this thread. If you're worried you might forget, don't--we'll provide messages that keep everyone updated throughout the upgrade process right here and on our Twitter account, twitter.com/bulbagarden.

If you have questions or concerns during the downtime, you can reach the staff on Twitter--my handle there is @evklofbulba.

Thanks for using Bulbagarden, and we're looking forward to seeing everyone on the other side of the vB4 upgrade. It has tons of awesome features. We're all excited, and we hope you are too.

Best,
evkl and the rest of the Bulbagarden team

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: vBulliten 4 Upgrade Coming Tomorrow - Info inside!

Wait a sec... vb4 is here at least.

Tomorrow the world is supposed to end.

vb4 is gonna kill us all!

Well, finally, it's here. Yay.

Sweet! I've been waiting forever for the update. (And nice timing, too- 1 day before the alleged end of the world.)

...and VBulletin is spelled incorrectly. I thought you could do better than that, evkl.

Last edited:

YAY!

We get the switch!

I thought that was Saturday.
But I can still see the connection.

Correction, we upgrade and then the world ends the next day. Its all good:yahoo:

anyways Im finally glad its happening.

This is probably a stupid question, but mods won't be able to see the forum either, correct? I was never really sure how these updates worked.

It'll be Saturday in Australia!

Why is the world supposed to end? And will some threads on the site(My poor mafia game!:-() be deleted during the upgrade?

nothing will be deleted.

Just one thing...

tumblr_lhexpfrcXJ1qdlkgg.gif

YAAAY!
Finally let's get the no-updated-Bulbagarden-WAAAAAH time outta the way...

This will be the first time I'll be using vB4 forums. I wonder what are the possibilities? I hope that the transition goes smoothly!

What time does the update begin specifically? In GMT?

Two days before my first anniversary here? Bring it on! But seriously, I'm looking forward to the exciting changes, can't wait to see what happens! :-D

i'm excited and scared at the same time! i won't have a clue how to use the site and will once again go No0b on the world ;P

weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! bring it on :D <3

I can't wait!

When you say it's a few months back for those couple days, does that mean with everything, not just posts? For example, if you changed your name within the last month or two, you would have to log on with your old username and password in the time we are waiting?

Two days before my first anniversary here? Bring it on! But seriously, I'm looking forward to the exciting changes, can't wait to see what happens! :-D

What a coincidence, it's been almost exactly a year since I joined as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom