• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming Tomorrow - Info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: vBulliten 4 Upgrade Coming Tomorrow - Info inside!

I can't wait!

When you say it's a few months back for those couple days, does that mean with everything, not just posts? For example, if you changed your name within the last month or two, you would have to log on with your old username and password in the time we are waiting?

Last time I checked, the downtime is for migration of everything.

Woah, it's the anniversary for a a lot of people. I joined exactly a year ago today!

I'm so excited about the upgrade!

He means for the test forum.

Oh, the test forum. If so, the test forum is an old backup... and everything posted there WILL NOT come to the final forums. Everything here before the downtime will be in the final vB4 forums, though!

Well Techically march 14 was my first aniversary here. Dont ask how XD. If you understand then Cookies!

So Guys i want to ask some things.

1: Will All Pictures and Thread Still Exist?
2: Will the Profile background need to be updated?
3: Will we still be able to VM?
4: Nothing Effects the Creative Corner right?

Well Techically march 14 was my first aniversary here. Dont ask how XD. If you understand then Cookies!

So Guys i want to ask some things.

1: Will All Pictures and Thread Still Exist?
2: Will the Profile background need to be updated?
3: Will we still be able to VM?
4: Nothing Effects the Creative Corner right?

1) Yes.
2) Profile customizations have somewhat changed so profile changes might be necessary.
3) Of course.
4) No, as far as I know.

Couple questions.

What is the odds that something will go wrong?
Will this bring the end of the world and/or Judgement Day?

Thats what Arceus Decides. =)

So I have yet another question,

Will this change the forum Layout/Style ??

Odds that something goes wrong are very low. We've done these database backups dozens of times with no incidents, and we don't expect anything different now. As for a specific time in GMT, a lot of it depends on when we can get all the techs together, so we don't have a great idea of the exact start date. It'll be some time later today, probably within the next 8 hours.

The test forum is a copy of the forum from a few months ago, so you may have an older username/password, and posts will be a few months out of date. The forum we're upgrading is this one (accessed at bmgf.bulbagarden.net), and it will retain all posts up to the moment we shut the forum down for an upgrade. So when it comes back, you'll have your current name, current posts, etc. and nothing will be lost.

Well, time for everyone else to witness the atrociousness of vB4 as well. On my specific note, I especially hate how the blogs section now always has featured blogs, with no way to not view them, and they're always at the top of the page, always acting irrelevant, with no way to just get rid of them and view the new blogs.

Really, the general layout of vB4 is just a mess comparatively. But nothing I say is really enough, you really need to see it firsthand. :/ I dreaded this day for so long. Another thing: enjoy these three columns for a post while you can (top header, user info, post itself+quoting stuff). It's four in vB4, with all the stuff like quoting and user information on a bottom row thing.

Wait, wait, wait. So, all of the things I post right now are going to disappear in about a couple of days? Should I start backing up all of the posts I'm making?

Wait, wait, wait. So, all of the things I post right now are going to disappear in about a couple of days? Should I start backing up all of the posts I'm making?

Every post you make up until the point the forums go down will remain intact. It's only the posts made on the test forum that'll disappear.

Oh. For a second, I was thinking that these forums right now were the mentioned test forums. Sorry, just wanted to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom