• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

vBulletin 4 Upgrade Coming Tomorrow - Info inside!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The test forum is a copy of the forum from a few months ago, so you may have an older username/password, and posts will be a few months out of date. The forum we're upgrading is this one (accessed at bmgf.bulbagarden.net), and it will retain all posts up to the moment we shut the forum down for an upgrade. So when it comes back, you'll have your current name, current posts, etc. and nothing will be lost.

Adding onto this... considering it's a few months old, users who made their accounts recently (after 3rd January 2011, to be exact), won't exist on the test forums. So you can either make a temporary new account, or wait till the forums are back up.

The upgrade is meant to add new features, such as video-embedding. The layout will also be different, so if you see this place, then that means the upgrade hasn't commenced yet.

Exactly. New features, both big and small, are to be added. I'm going by how the test site felt to me, so my word isn't all too trustworthy.

Video embedding is already possible. We just don't have it set for regular users.

Youtube embedding can already occur; its just restricted to certain user groups.

Edit: Ninja'd.

Also guys, some of us may not have italics on the test forums as we didn't have them back in January, but please treat us as if we did.

Video embedding is already possible. We just don't have it set for regular users.

What we have here isn't direct embedding per se (as in not [noparse][youtube]oHg5SJYRHA0[/youtube][/noparse]), it is the custom HTML posting privilege we're using to paste the embed code. But yeah, it's been possible for mods here too.

So this is supposed to happen pretty soon right? Like, in the next couple of hours from what I heard.

So this is supposed to happen pretty soon right? Like, in the next couple of hours from what I heard.

If everything goes as planned, yeah. Expect 1-3 days of downtime once we begin, but after that, everything should be fine. The test forum will be taken down, and the "main" forum (as it is when we begin updating) will be left fully intact.

Well me and someone else both posted 6 and he visited our profiles shortly after. Not sure if that means anything though. lol

*waits patiently and excitedly (if that's a word) for the test forum thingy*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom