• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vehicles in the Pokemon World

discuss plz
We know they exist. It would be helpful if you expanded the OP to outline some of the things you would like to discuss about the topic.

I've edited the thread title to that end.

Last edited:
So...where's the conversation exactly? Or should I start one? Ok, then I'll take my best shot. In the first few gens there weren't really a lot of vehicles and I'm pretty sure the only ones were boats and bikes. Then in Gold and Silver there's the Magnet Train. Then in Ruby and Sapphire there's a moving truck even though there aren't any roads for it, and there's also a submarine in Slateport. Then in BW that's really where the vehicles came in. Actual roads with trucks driving by in Route 4, airplanes and landing strips in Mistralton City. I guess in the past people didn't really need vehicles other than bikes and boats because they had Pokemon but then they got more advanced technology and built cars? What? Can someone explain it better?

My theory is that we only see part of the region... like they have routes specificly for Trainers to go on and they have roads separate where we don't see them -shrug- plus gameplay and story segregation

Well, in Black and White you can see a road with cars and trucks seperate from the road you walk on, so Im going to assume there are seperate roads for cars at least in some places. I think in the Pokemon World, things are slightly different but also similar in that people use automobiles to get around. Most trainers though are young people that cannot yet drive, so they need to walk, bike or use other transpotation. They dont seem to be nessesary though as you can get through a game by walking, running, biking, getting on a boat or train, surfing on your Pokemon and even flying on a Flying type, though not everyone has Pokemon obviously, so it dosent apply to every person.

In Black 2, at the middle North part of Opelucid, there's a cut off part, which looks like it leads off to somewhere.... Coincidence? Or maybe a route for vehicles

I'd like to think there are less cars due to concerns of pollution and they don't want to ruin the wildlife.

i know Scott from the battle frontier saga has a Ford Thunderbird, most police cars are Crown Victorias, Cynthia's Limo is a Streched Buick Verano, Professor Birch and Cynthia both have Jeep Wranglers. No Saturns or Eagles though :(

In Black 2, at the middle North part of Opelucid, there's a cut off part, which looks like it leads off to somewhere.... Coincidence? Or maybe a route for vehicles

Did you play Black/White 1? That path used to lead to Route 10, and then old Victory Road.

This thread reminded me something...

Metagross_by_Tomiokajiro.jpg

Skyarrow Bridge, Route 4, Driftveil City, Floccesy Town. Just a few examples of the many vehicles (well, trucks/cars) in BW/BW2.

Did you play Black/White 1? That path used to lead to Route 10, and then old Victory Road.

Yeah, I did. Sorry. I forgot.

but whats the point of COMMERCIAL NOT GOVERNMENT LIKE AIRPLANES AND SEA SHIPS vehicles if pokemon are far more versatile and durable

i guess its hard to hold on to an acclerating arcanine or pidgeot

I wonder how Brendan's/May's Mom and Dad drove the truck in RSE to Littleroot Town when there are obviously no roads anywhere to drive vehicles. Oh well I guess somethings are meant to be left as mysteries.

Last edited:

AAAnd that's why I'd watch the shit out of a real-world like Pokémon animé.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom