• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Vermont legalized gay marriage

Status
Not open for further replies.
A great day for gay rights, a tragic day for the church of Christianity.

Quite frankly, good for gays. I don't swing that way, but so ong as they're happy, then that's good. Also, fuck religion and the government.

Now let's just pray that Vermont doesn't get it's own version of California's Prop 8 -_- or if they do, then it doesn't pass. Don't get me wrong, this is great -- I'm just being cynical.

A great day for gay rights, a tragic day for the church of Christianity.

Amen to that, and here's hoping that they have 49 more tragic days -- one for each state that legalizes gay marriage. Maybe 50, when the national government legalizes it.

Hotels in Vermont will get a rising boom in maple syrup sales and over packed with all the newly married couples
But yeah the first state that legalized it? wasnt California it? If not then wow pretty interesting.

But yeah the first state that legalized it? wasnt California it? If not then wow pretty interesting.

California did legalize gay marriage, but then a little thing called Proposition 8 came along, and all the Bible-beaters who believe that gays are the anti-Christ and will corrupt their good little Christian children as they get those selfsame children out on street corners holding signs promoting their cause and going door-to-door handing out flyers rejoiced.

Three states down, forty-seven to go. Still, it's progress.

I might be moving to Vermont then. Just wait for 3 years before you change it dammit!

Score one for Vermont's gay and bi community.

More states should be doing this. They really should.

Didn't Iowa only just rule the ban on same-sex marriage unconstitutional as well?

it still baffles me that this is such a big issue in the government. i mean, i was raised Christian, but i mean, it just seems like ANYONE who wants to get married should be able to. i never understood why there is so much outrage over same-sex marriage.

it still baffles me that this is such a big issue in the government. i mean, i was raised Christian, but i mean, it just seems like ANYONE who wants to get married should be able to. i never understood why there is so much outrage over same-sex marriage.

Why can't more Christians be like you? I hate that things like this have become "rights vs. religion." It seems like we should be able to advance civil rights without having religious zealots start biting at us.

Why can't more Christians be like you? I hate that things like this have become "rights vs. religion." It seems like we should be able to advance civil rights without having religious zealots start biting at us.

Sorta but not a lot off-topic: a quote I find fitting and appropriate.

"I like your Christ, but I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ." -- Ghandi

Basically, these sort of problems summed up in 17 simple words. -_-

This makes me happy inside.
Yay for Vermont! They are up a little on my list of places I could live maybe someday. Which only brings them to 30 but still...
That's pretty awesome.

I agree completely with that quote.

Reminds me of a book I saw at Borders. "Lord, Protect us from your Followers". I think it was written by a pair of Christians too.

I am completely not surprised that Vermont would be the state to successfully do this, seeing as how they were the first to allow civil unions as well if I remember correctly. I'm very proud of a state that I have visited many times, and hope to visit many more, truly a beautiful state.

Rhode Island is most likley next the last would probably be Nebraska or Texas

Yay! Finally, after the prop 8 fiasco, (That's right, I'm a Californian) someone shows compassion towards those who *gasp* prefer their own gender to others!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom