• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Very Insightful Spoon 2DI Interview with Director Owada and Writer Deko Akao

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
Found this on Serebii courtesy of Dynamic_Fusion

The Recent Edition of the Spoon 2DI Magazine contained a long interview with Series Director Jun Owada and Writer Deko Akao.

Here are some tidbits of what they both said.

Worldbuilding:

Executive Director Tomiyasu ordered the Staff to make the Series feel more like Pokemon in Humans World rather than in the flip way around.
The Entire Thing with Chewtle is nothing but a gag in the Staff Department. Tomiyasu just told Akao to write whatever she wants with one of her Favorite Pokemon in Episode 41.
Owada was told to direct PM when he was in the Middle of Koko Production. Meaning his takeover from Episode 55 was not planned from the beginning.

Progression of Characters according to Owada

Koharu:
Search for the future with Eevee
Future plots involving these two
Koharu and Eevee will meet more trainers and Pokémon with different goals
Koharu and Eevee will take the different routes of evolution more seriously

Goh:
Becoming more optimistic like Ash
Overcoming more struggles and development
Becoming independent of Ash as well as his equal and a more mature version of Goh

Ash:
Ash will become more unbeatable as the story goes on
Ash will begin taking more challenges
The essence of Ash is aim for greater heights and challenge more of the unknown

Ehh... nothing special at all here. It's just them explaining to us the stuff that they're already doing.

If only Ash's achievements would be shown on screen than I'd actually care. We are half way over, how much of an equal does Go need to be? He's already catching legendary Pokemon, something for some reason Ash has been forbidden to do. I wish he had given us insight on Team Rocket's characters.

...I don't think they know what they're doing here. How can Ash become more "unbeatable" as the story goes on yet at the same time have more "challenges"? Clearly, none of them might be particularly challenging if he's going to become more unbeatable at the same time.

...I don't think they know what they're doing here. How can Ash become more "unbeatable" as the story goes on yet at the same time have more "challenges"? Clearly, none of them might be particularly challenging if he's going to become more unbeatable at the same time.
It says more challenges, not greater challenges. ;)
Seriously, what is "more unbeatable" supposed to mean for the story? Is he going to stop losing to random criminals and wild Pokémon? Never lose at all? Is he going to defeat Leon then go back to jobbing in gen 9?

I'm guessing it's just marketing fluff we don't need to pay much mind to.

It says more challenges, not greater challenges. ;)
Seriously, what is "more unbeatable" supposed to mean for the story? Is he going to stop losing to random criminals and wild Pokémon? Never lose at all? Is he going to defeat Leon then go back to jobbing in gen 9?

I'm guessing it's just marketing fluff we don't need to pay much mind to.
Being marketing fluff would make much more sense to be honest. Ash being more unbeatable would just be kind of boring. If there's no chance of him losing until his possible match with Leon, then that could make it harder to be invested in his battles.

Ash:
The essence of Ash is aim for greater heights and challenge more of the unknown

So this indirectly confirms gen 9 will be late 2022, as they can't drag on the Hyper Class longer than that if Ash doesn't lose anymore.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom