• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Very, very important RULES THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Transfinite

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
UPDATED ON MAY 24, 2010

1) If what you're talking about has only appeared in Japanese (or some other non-English language) please label your post as a SPOILER.

2) Asking for or providing full scans is a violation of copyright and not allowed. I can't control what you do through private messages or on your own time, but they will not be tolerated in this forum. Posting short snippets, one or two pages for discussion, is fine though.

3) Going off of the above, no linking to scanslation sites or projects. Don't even mention them. If you read scanslations, great; we don't want to know about it.

4) All other forum rules (including the signature rules) apply in this forum.

If anyone has any questions or suggestions, feel free to reply to this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Ono's manga was the only Pokémon manga. :sweatlol:

Hehehe! 'Kedit', I love that word!

*Shifty eyes*

*Pause*

*Steals it*

I thought Ono's manga was the only Pokémon manga.

Nope! While Toshiro Ono's Pokemon manga, being based on the anime, is by far the most well-known and popular of the Pokemon mangas, there are several others. I now display my uber-mod powers by listing the ones I know of:

Pokemon Special (aka Pokemon Adventures), by Hidenori Kusaka
Pokemon PiPiPi Adventure (aka Magical Pokemon Journey), by Yumi Tsukirino
Chamo-Chamo Pretty, by Yumi Tsukirino
Pokemon comic strip, by Ashura Benimaru
Pokemon 4-koma strip (different from above), by ??? (shall check the next time I see Blackjack Gabbiani)
Pokemon Getto da ze, by Miho Asada
Pokemon Zensho, by Satomi Nakamura
Pokemon Card ni Natte Wake, by Kagemaru Himeno (I don't know WHY I keep mixing him up with that singer from Dragon Ball Z...) (each volume comes with a special promo TCG card!)
Satoshi and Pikachu (aka Ash and Pikachu), by ??? (I'll check the next time I'm at Kinokuniya)
Golden Boys (aka Pokemon Gold and Silver), by ??? (I'll check the next time I see Blackjack)

Check the sticky thread on how to buy manga to find out, well, how to buy all these manga! ^^

Last edited:
Well, I *tried* to put the spoiler way down on the page

by hitting 'return' a lot

kinda like this...but evidently it didn't work.
And I'll bring those to the sleepover tomorrow.

EDIT--and the card books are by Kagemaru Himeno

Should it also be noted that some people refer to Yonkoma as "gag manga"? To avoid confusion and stuff like that...

Yes, it can be Yon-koma because "yon" is 4 in Japanese. I think that's what Hyper Togepi was referring to.

I did say in the very first post in this thread that "4-koma" is pronounced "yon-koma"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom