• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #15 Favourite Legendary Trio?

What is your favourite legendary trio?

• Bird Trio (Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres)

Votes: 30 21.4%
  • Beast Trio (Raikou, Entei, Suicune)

Votes: 50 35.7%
  • Golem Trio (Regice, Regirock, Registeel)

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Emotion Trio (Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf)

Votes: 16 11.4%
  • Muskedeer Trio (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion)

Votes: 18 12.9%
  • Kami Trio (Thundurus, Tornadus, Landorus)

Votes: 8 5.7%

• Total voters
Beast Trio. Ever since their shiny event with special moves, I have newfound respect for them, especially Raikou, who has become my favorite thanks to Weather Ball on a rain team.

The Kami and Emotion trio are my faves, followed by the Golem trio. The Musketdeers are awesome too. :/ I used to like the Bird Trio, but A) they became overrated, and 2) they're very boring "legendaries".

Emotion trio FTW, on a second place the golems come for me... i really like the way Gamefreak made a Trio that represent 3 things that is important for everybody on earth... the Golem trio is just my second because i like their designs....

Well, for the fact that I grew up with the Beast Trio, they are my favorite, even though Entei looked VERY odd in Gold and Silver. But, I liked all of those, except for the Emotion Trio. The bird trio is my 2nd favorite

The Muskateers... the birds suck ass... they are whored out WAY TO MUCH!! and the are boring... The Bests are 10xs better because they have an actualy story. The Regi's are cool much better then the birds anything is... Ther Lake Trio are kinda boring but they havre a fasinating (terrifying) story....

So my rank would be\
Muskateer's
Beasts
Regi's
Lake
Birds
Crap forgot the Kami's.. they would be 3rd

The Golam Trio here.
I loved the mystery of the trio in R/S/E, it took me sometime to figure the mystery out. And it really awoke my interrest in the Jirachi mystery at Mossdeep Space Center.

beast trio for me I like how they all look, they were first roaming pokemon and while similar they also each have there own differences

No love for the Golem trio? I love the unqiue and difficult ways you get them, it makes getting a legendary much more satisfying.
Hey, I like the Golem trio. Those guys are awesome. Especially Registeel. He sounds like he's trying to transform. But I like them out of all the trios. They're like funky elemental robots. <3

...great, now I have the urge to build an all Golem team with them, Regigigas, Golurk and Golett. I must be weird.

Given Mesprit is the only one there who is specifically linked to emotion, its kind of weird to call them the emotion trio, especially when fan convention has just been Lake trio.

1. Beast Trio

2. Tie between Muskideers and Kami trio

Muskideers and Kami have interesting stories, they may overtake Beast Trio if they get expanded in future games.
1. Regi's
2. Musketeer
3. Birds

They all have something mysterious about them that I like. The others have in-game mythology, and I don't like that. Takes away the mystery.
So what exactly differentiates them from the rest of the Pokemon? Also Musketeers have a background story, the Regi's have a bit of a story when you translate the braille, and the birds seem to act more like urban legends, but all have stories associated with them.

Being told that the Beast Trio was created by Ho-Oh isn't any more of a story of Moltres heralding spring time, Zapdos being used as an explanation to thunderstorms, and Articuno bringing winter. I also don't see how mythology takes away the mystery of anything when their stories often raise more questions.

Last edited:
Gonna have to go with the Beast Trio, with the Bird's being a close second. The Beasts win because I prefer the Fire/Water/Electric typing to the Fire/Ice/Electric one of the Birds. I also like the Beasts storyline. The Birds probably beat every other trio in terms of their pure simplicity however. No huge legend or myth is built up around them. They're just extremely powerful pokemon that aren't seen too often.

So what exactly differentiates them from the rest of the Pokemon? Also Musketeers have a background story, the Regi's have a bit of a story when you translate the braille, and the birds seem to act more like urban legends, but all have stories associated with them.

Being told that the Beast Trio was created by Ho-Oh isn't any more of a story of Moltres heralding spring time, Zapdos being used as an explanation to thunderstorms, and Articuno bringing winter. I also don't see how mythology takes away the mystery of anything when their stories often raise more questions.

The birds have zero story. Being used to explain thunderstorms is not backstory. Also I don't think anyone mentions them but one or two npc's who claim to have seen a big bird.

The Regi's might have a little story, but unlike the beasts they have no in-game mythology. The beasts are well-known in johto, while the regi's have no more than a little kid in pacifidlog who says that his grandfather used to tell them "six dots open three doors" or something like that. Unless you happen to stumble upon the braille cave by chance, you won't know about the regi's, which makes them so cool imo.

As for the musketeers, it's about the same as the regi's qua that they're "hidden" (I believe no npc's mention them at least, except for after you catch cobalion). Plus I don'tmthink they have much mythology either.

If there is info on something, it becomes less mysterious. Each bit of information limits possibilities.

I prefer the birds. First of all, I like their design. The Bird trio is the only trio that really gets it right, both other trios have some I don't like when it comes to their visual design (Entei, Regice, Mesprit, Cobalion and generally the entire Kami trio, can't stand those).

However, and more importantly, it's because they haven't got any story, and they certainly don't need it. They are by all means depicted as powerful, but not as something completely out of this world. As I've been generally disappointed with pokémon-plots, it's good to see that the bird haven't been diminished by a weak plot. They should be a rather unique element you could stumble upon to use. I'm really not very interested in using a pokémon that is the deity of time, but a legendary pokémon that simply is known for being powerful and mysterious, I can live with that. I like Uxie, but I never use it, as having the being of knowledge on my team just feels ... wrong, but Zapdos is a staple of my Firered teams. Simplicity wins in that regard.

If pokémon should be integrated into the plot, or actually have a background, it should at least be thorough. It's certainly not true that legendary pokémon has to influence the plot, quite frankly that narrows the possible plots significantly.

If there is info on something, it becomes less mysterious. Each bit of information limits possibilities.
I guess its just that you and I think differently. Look at it this way: scientists often say the more they learn about the universe, the more they realize how little of it they understand. This really applies to any field of science. Yeah, Pokemon isn't a science, but I personally don't see being given answers as limiting possibilities.

The Muskedeers have a mythology though. Their story is much more interconnected than the birds, and highlight the struggle between people and Pokemon that's currently being played out int he games.

Though I do see the appeal in the birds, its the same appeal I see in Heatran. Legendary Pokemon that may not be popularized as deities in the fandom, but nonetheless may be seen as such by certain groups of NPC's, or perhaps even seen as the Pokemon world's equivalents of the loch ness monster and Sasquatch, which is quite amazing given that we do have a loch ness monster and sasquatch Pokemon. They are able to maintain the mystery without being treated as gods.

I chose the beast trio because they seemed to be the most fun. In both the show in the video games, they came off as these fun energetic Pokemon.

Bird Trio > Golem Trio > Beast Trio = Emotion Trio > Muskedeer Trio >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Kami Trio.
The lack of any story of Bird and Golem trios makes them more mysterious. I don't like the god features in legendaries.

Last edited:
I don't know why, but I love the Regi trio. They're definitely my favorites.

I went with the Beast trio, but the Golem trio is a close second.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom