• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #16 Favourite Early Bird

Favourite Early Bird?

• Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot

Votes: 23 15.5%
  • Spearow/Fearow

Votes: 9 6.1%
  • Hoothoot/Noctowl

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Taillow/Swellow

Votes: 24 16.2%
  • Starly/Staravia/Staraptor

Votes: 61 41.2%
  • Pidove/Tranquil/Unfezant

Votes: 7 4.7%

• Total voters
Fearow by far; It was always on my team in Gen. 1 (except for Yellow playthroughs) and I feel guilty now that I replaced it with a Clefable in FireRed. I should train one up in White or Black, just for nostalgia purposes...

Hoothoot and Noctowl. Great designs, they learn Psychic-type moves and have nice defenses for these kind of early birds. Hypnosis is also useful when you catch Pokemon as well. And not to mention Noctowl is available pretty early on in HG/SS if you are lucky with Headbutt and find an underleveled one. XD

I was always fond of Pidgey and its family, and since I did grow up with these Pokemon it is perhaps one of my more favourite flying types. Hoothoot/Noctowl would come as a close second as I did always like their design).

Taillow Swellow. They just look awesome.

Spr_3r_277.png

So majestic.

The Pidgey line. Not particularly strong, but I have good memories training one. And Hoothoot/Noctowl too, for the same memories. And I like owls. :p

Starly's family, hands down.
Both design wise and battle wise.

The Starly line for me, as yes, it is the only one I have trained out of them all, but even in design, it looks the best, in my opinion. A much stronger build to it than the others, and an awesome second and third evolution design in particular.
Also, I like its movepool, and cry.

I only recently decided that I liked the Fearow line, and I can't claim to have tried it out (when I decided I wanted an alternate early game flyer I picket the Zubat line) but its something I'd like to try. It certainly looks suitably impressive and intimidating.

Hoothoot/Noctowl due to being the first Early Bird Pokémon I caught when I first played Gold which is when I also first got into the whole Pokémon game thing.

My favorite is definitely taillow, though pidove is a close second. Swellow is such a striking design, and it works well in battle, which just makes it really useful on a team. I always try to catch one when I play gen III.

Staraptor is the most useful, but I like Swellow a lot more for its design.

Staraptor and, by extension, the whole Starly line. Not only is the design epic, it's also pretty strong, and actually usable.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom