• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #19 Favourite Dragon-type Version Mascot?

Favourite Dragon-type Legendary?

• Rayquaza

Votes: 59 35.8%
  • Dialga

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • Palkia

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Giratina

Votes: 17 10.3%
  • Reshiram

Votes: 38 23.0%
  • Zekrom

Votes: 14 8.5%
  • Kyurem

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
Palkia because I like his double type Dragon/Water and he looks cool !

Rayquaza. Not gonna get into which is the most powerful or whatever. Rayquaza, to me, looks the most like what a dragon Should look like and I enjoyed it's story line. Though the Spear Pillar was annoying.

Emerald was the first game I absolutely loved to death.

Rayquaza.

I would have to say Dialga. He(yes I refer to Dialga as male), was the first gen 4 legendary caught, has an awesome theme on PMD 2, and I always thought of him relating to the Temple of Time and the Song of Time on Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess, In fact, on the world my fanfics take place in, there is a statue of Dialga in front of the Temple of Time in Hyrule which is southwest of Sinnoh in the world that my fanfics take place in. Also, when Dialga sends Ash back in time on the 12th movie, I play the Song of Time on youtube during that scene, I tend to play zelda music during some scenes of that movie.

Kyurem is not a version mascot tho.
Probably Dialga or Reshiram...

Though Latios is one of my fav Dragon-type Pokemon.

Last edited:
Rayquaza for a few reasons:

Its shiny form.
Its position as master of all weather.
Its non-shiny form being green.
Its serpent-like styling, and general finned/long style.
Its position as mascot of the best video game of Gen III.
Outrage + Hyper Beam. Oh yeah.

Rayquaza is top for me — no questions asked. :drool: It's just too cool for it's own good. :kawaii:

Rayquaza without a doubt I mean he's super badass and is also the only serpent looking Legendary Dragon Type and also is the only one who looks like an asian dragon. In close second Giratina who doesn't like a scorpion looking dragon creature he's so weird looking but in a cool way.

Dialga. The cry, the design and the typing.
Everything is awesome about this Pokémon.

Reshiram come in a close second. Badass design, it looks like an angel of fire.

Zekrom, because he just looks like a badass. I would've preferred Reshiram, since Fire and Dragon are my favorite types, but then he's a little too poofy-looking for me.

A close second would be Giratina for the whole "antimatter dragon" concept and the Ghost/Dragon typing.

How does this voting thing work here on Bulbagarden forums? Am I a bit blind now..? EDIT: Seems I needed to reach a big enough post count! Sorted now.

However, I'd vote for Rayquaza who is my favourite Pokémon. There's just something about his design, that I absolutely love. I like all the others as well, with a special place in my heart for the poor frozen chicken Kyurem! He's so cute.

Last edited:
Alrighty, here's the ranking of each of the dragons in my opinion:
1.Rayquaza
2.Reshiram
3.Kyurem
4.Zekrom
5.Giratina
6.Dialga and Palkia

Sorry, but I can't give reasons why each Pokemon ranks what.

Rayquaza because Pokemon Emerald is my favorite game and generation 3 was my childhood.

Dialga.

Favorite Pokemon of all time so there's no question about it haha.

After that it's, in order: Giratina, Palkia, White Kyurem... and then the rest in no order. Reshiram last though.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom