• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

VG Weekly Poll #21 Favourite Male Playable Character?

Favourite Male Playable Character?

• Red (RGBY/FRLG)

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Gold/Ethan (GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Brendan (RSE)

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Lucas (DPt)

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Hilbert (BW)

Votes: 33 20.8%

• Total voters

jokool

The Coolest!
Reaction score
1: Hilbert, because he is older, and I was getting tired of playing a 10 year old. He looks cool also. But change the name!!!
2: Red, because he was first and (like someone said earlier) inspired Ash. And he doesn't need to say a word to get his point across!
3: Gold/Ethan, because he was the first character I played. Ahhhh.... The good ol' days!
4: Lucas, because...... Uh, he looked cool?
5: Brendan, because May took the spotlight of R/S.

Crystal_Talian

Bulbapædist
Reaction score
I picked Hilbert. I'm not entirely sure why, though. I think it's because he's older. After more than ten years, playing ten-year-olds gets old. . . . That's a mildly awkward sentence, isn't it?

Daxdiv

A Good Time to Fight
Reaction score
Hilbert. I just love that jacket and hat of his. For some reason his design doesn't make me shake my head whenever I play as him.

turtlekid

Reaction score
think I might just have to go with nostalgia and pick gen 1 cuz that reminded me of ash and just thought was the coolest looking dude ever

Torterrius

A Heart of Steel
Reaction score
Lucas looked to comely, honestly. Like a housewife that was uninteresting.
Red was just too basic, honestly.
Ethan is rather interesting, I like his more interesting fashion sense, but rather stereotypical.
Brenden is pretty cool and high-tech, but his hair puts me off.
Hilbert is my favorite. But I HATE HIS NAME. Ugh, stupidest name ever. I like his clothing choice and overall design, but despise the name.

shayminfreak

shayminfreak
Reaction score
Red. Any who's battled him in G/S or HG/SS knows how epic he is. You have to climb an entire mountain just to get to him! Then you see him on the summit, looking out into the snow, looking so epic.... And then he owns your Pokemon. xD

Space Opera

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Ethan, I guess. I don't especially like any of them, but Ethan has a pretty cool design although Brendan has a better hat.

ghaskan

At last, Kalos
Reaction score
I loved Gold, he looked pretty cool and ready to have an adventure! However, I also like Brendan (dat hat) and Hilbert, who looks rather cute - I adore his hairstyle and the comic "Black Adventures" certainly helped. xD Seeing as I don't like both Gold AND Ethan, I went ahead and voted for Brendan, who got the edge of my inner Brendan vs Hilbert duel thanks to nostalgia.

Pidgeot

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Red, because he had the simplest design, and he was in my first Pokemon game (Leaf Green).

Likeitornot.

realisation
Reaction score
Brendan. I always felt his outfit was graceful and sharp, from his runners, to his ski hat confused many.

farewell friend