• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #21 Favourite Male Playable Character?

Favourite Male Playable Character?

• Red (RGBY/FRLG)

Votes: 29 18.2%
  • Gold/Ethan (GSC/HGSS)

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Brendan (RSE)

Votes: 41 25.8%
  • Lucas (DPt)

Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Hilbert (BW)

Votes: 33 20.8%

• Total voters
1: Hilbert, because he is older, and I was getting tired of playing a 10 year old. He looks cool also. But change the name!!!
2: Red, because he was first and (like someone said earlier) inspired Ash. And he doesn't need to say a word to get his point across!
3: Gold/Ethan, because he was the first character I played. Ahhhh.... The good ol' days!
4: Lucas, because...... Uh, he looked cool?
5: Brendan, because May took the spotlight of R/S.

I picked Hilbert. I'm not entirely sure why, though. I think it's because he's older. After more than ten years, playing ten-year-olds gets old. . . . That's a mildly awkward sentence, isn't it?

Hilbert. I just love that jacket and hat of his. For some reason his design doesn't make me shake my head whenever I play as him.

think I might just have to go with nostalgia and pick gen 1 cuz that reminded me of ash and just thought was the coolest looking dude ever

Lucas looked to comely, honestly. Like a housewife that was uninteresting.
Red was just too basic, honestly.
Ethan is rather interesting, I like his more interesting fashion sense, but rather stereotypical.
Brenden is pretty cool and high-tech, but his hair puts me off.
Hilbert is my favorite. But I HATE HIS NAME. Ugh, stupidest name ever. I like his clothing choice and overall design, but despise the name.

Red. Any who's battled him in G/S or HG/SS knows how epic he is. You have to climb an entire mountain just to get to him! Then you see him on the summit, looking out into the snow, looking so epic.... And then he owns your Pokemon. xD

Ethan, I guess. I don't especially like any of them, but Ethan has a pretty cool design although Brendan has a better hat.

I loved Gold, he looked pretty cool and ready to have an adventure! However, I also like Brendan (dat hat) and Hilbert, who looks rather cute - I adore his hairstyle and the comic "Black Adventures" certainly helped. xD Seeing as I don't like both Gold AND Ethan, I went ahead and voted for Brendan, who got the edge of my inner Brendan vs Hilbert duel thanks to nostalgia.

Red, because he had the simplest design, and he was in my first Pokemon game (Leaf Green).

Brendan. I always felt his outfit was graceful and sharp, from his runners, to his ski hat confused many.

I voted for Brendan, the only male playable character that actually looked better than his female counterpart.

Brendan. He's just so awesome and I've always liked the guy and his Pokespecial counterpart in Ruby as well. I really want his Emerald outfit, it's great. I really, really wanted to see more of him in the games though, same with May. I just wish the anime would give the some real attention and screentime (those cameos are nowhere near enough in my opinion).

Red would be my second favourite.

Gold/Ethan. I feel closer to him than the rest for a few reasons and he also has the best design. I've always wanted that hat and hoodie combo he has.

I like Brendan the most, partly because of the initial hair/hat confusion. And a close second is Lucas, as he has a pretty cool hat too.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom