• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #22 Favourite Villainous Team?

Favourite Villainous Team?

• Team Rocket

Votes: 52 36.6%
  • Team Magma

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Team Aqua

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Team Galactic

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • Team Plasma

Votes: 48 33.8%
  • Other (Please state in thread)

Votes: 9 6.3%

• Total voters
Other) Team Cypher is the most evil mofo's of them all. they torture pokemon. It truly felt righteous to defeat them. Also, ceiling peons render your argument invalid.

Rocket probably wins in my view. If only because I find them a more appreciable threat, they're simple and their motives are understandable (not to be confused with forgivable). I haven't played BW so I can't comment on Plasma, though they seem like a good concept. The remaining three just seem a little...nuts. I can't really see the logic in wanting to flood or evaporate the sea, and whilst creating ones own universe is a more believable goal (in that there seems to be more of a point to it) I can only ever picture Cyrus as being a genocidal megalomaniac, a nutter if you will.

Don't get me wrong though. I enjoyed the plot all four brought to the table, but Rocket always struck me as the greater organisation with the most feasible and purposeful goals. I expect that has a lot to do with their importance in 2 generations fleshing out the back-story but the point stands.

All that said Magma definitely gets bonus points in my books for those costumes. How they operate stealthily in them is beyond me, but at least they look good.

Team Plasma and N. Most development, most original goals, and I was on their side for most of the game.

Would have to go with Team Galactic because their goal can obviously destroy life, universe, and everything as we know it.

Plasma, for being very dangerous and actually competent.
(What better way to control the world than to force everyone's weapons out of their hands)

1. Team Miror B., because Miror B. has the coolest music EVER.

2. Team Rocket, due to the fact that TEAM ROCKET'S ROCKIN'!

3. Team Galactic, due to their apocalyptic plans/truly Borg Drone-Like Grunts in the manga

4. Team Plasma, due to them challenging the system of battling/employing living(?) creatures

5. Cipher-They made evil Pokémon!

6. Hunter J, Due to her having NO redemptive qualities!!!

7. Team Great Rocket, due to their cool masks/kidnapping the club leaders/the rival joining them

8/9. Team Aqua/Magma, due to their conflict.

10. Team Skull, due to their giant fart Noxious Gas combo

11. Team Meanies, due to their cursed Gengar Leader.

12/13/14. Go-Rock Squad/Team Dim Sun/Pokemon Pinchers(Societea), due to their mind control of Pokémon.

15. Team Snagem, Due to their change from Villains to Anti-Villans

16. Phobos Battalion, due to a lack of appeal.

62223.jpg
Rank in reverse order:
3) Team Rocket (Why don't we take someone with logical evil goals and give them the power to succeed)
2) Team Galactic (Let's give a group with completely off the wall ideas and give them the power to succeed without terrible plot-holes)
1) Team Plasma (let's give a group a very controversial and even MORE logical goal, that actually makes you want to choose sides, and give them the power to change the future):kawaii:
Honorable mentions goes to the Go-Rock Squad for their Musical entrances everywhere

It's almost a dead heat between Rocket and Plasma for me.

Plasma has the best story so far, they challenge a fundamental theme of the franchise, they're pretty epic in some parts, and N is a FANTASTIC character. The grunts were kinda dumb though. Ghetsis is also insane.

Rocket is the most realistic, by far. (the mafia that wants to steal Pokemon and make money) Being challenged by them truly felt threatening, and I love their theme music (from the radio tower takeover). They also seem to have the ability to most likely regenerate if knocked down or split apart.

Ghetsis actually isn't insane. His plan made lots of sense, and didn't rely on "lol gods".

What he was is totally and completelly evil. He's probably the most irremedably evil character of the franchise. Not to mention, manipulating people into thinking random bullcrap by touching concepts you KNOW will cause them to think about it and taking advantage of them...? That is pretty realistic, it happens all the time in our world.

So yeah, what Ghetsis is is a jerk.

I accidentally voted for Team Galactic in the poll, but Team Plasma is my favourite. They weren't there for the sake of being evil and taking over the world, they actually wanted to improve the world. Well, that was what most of them thought they were doing. And the whole story with N and Ghetsis was brilliant.

team galactic for me. they tortured pokemon m0ore than any other team in the main series (excluding cipher) this is easily told by killing the lake verity magikarp population and making the red chain to summon digla/palkia/both thus angering giratinna (in platinum). 'nough said

Team Galactic for me.
I loved Cyrus completely. He was a lunatic who wanted to destroy the world so that he could create a new one for himself. I also loved all of the Galactic Commanders (besides Charon who I wanted to punch in the face) and the whole storyline with the team, especially in Platinum.

Team Plasma is a close second. (I'm in love with the whole N/Ghetsis storyline part of it). But, essentially, while I found Plasma's supposed goals to be fascinating...the fact that the interactions with the Team pretty much turned into N becoming the hero and wanting you to be the other one...kind of killed part of the impact of the whole "Pokemon should not be with humans" idea. N became pretty much the only one who kept on about it. (Although this is all just going off of the base knowledge of what I remember from the game, and I could be remembering wrong.)

Team Galactic's goals however remained pretty much the same throughout and everyone was on board with it: "screw this world, lets make a new, better, one." (Even though Cyrus was secretly planning to keep it to himself.)

Team Galactic. Cyrus is my favorite boss of any team, and I also like the admins of Galactic. Also, they had the most evil intentions, in my opinion, and it really helped build the D/P/Pl storyline.

Team Aqua/Magma tie for second. This is partly because Hoenn is my favorite region, and I also love the boss battle music against Maxie and Archie. I think their intentions are sort of stupid, but at least they're going after uber Pokemon.

I guess Team Plasma is third. I like their intentions, but their uniforms drive me insane.

I know Team Rocket is the original team in Pokemon, but honestly, they're worthless. Their intentions are extremely stupid- "steal Pokemon from people." Unlike the rest of the teams, who go after uber legendaries. In my opinion, the teams that go after legendaries make the storyline of the game much more interesting. Not saying that the Kanto/Johto games are bad, but the fact that Team Rocket doesn't go after legendaries or anything makes it slightly less exciting to play through.

Team Galactic because I agreed with Cyrus except for his methods.
Team Plasma was a very very very close second because they were totally realistic and their battle themes were awesome.

I always thought Team Rocket was more serious than everyone else. Team Plasma was a close second though.

Team Rocket FTW! Team rocket are without a doubt the most believable. They aren't trying to take over or destroy the world, they're just trying to make profit through illegal activities. They are also the most obviously evil team. I always felt like the others believed they were doing good but team rocket just gave the finger and said "hell, we know exactly what we're doing and if you don't like it, tough!" Not to mention, they were in two gens (not counting the remakes) showing that unlike the other teams they aren't just gonna give up completely when some ten year old beats them.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom