• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #23 Favourite early rodent?

Favourite early rodent?

• Rattata

Votes: 20 12.0%
  • Sentret

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Zigzagoon

Votes: 58 34.7%
  • Bidoof

Votes: 25 15.0%
  • Patrat

Votes: 6 3.6%

• Total voters
I second with Winterdaze: Sentret and Zigzagoon's families are not rodents. The better title is "mammal".

With that said, I like Zigzagoon and Linoone, because Pickup is a very useful ability in-game, because of the rewards you can get just by having them around. It's just a pity that they need to be at a sufficient level to get the best rewards, but hey, at least it's something. I think Linoone has perhaps the wonderful strategy of using Belly Drum and Gluttony to use a Salac Berry (or what that berry is to boost Speed in a pinch). It's decently strong with Linoone's great Speed, and if you have Extreme Speed, that's even better. It's just a pity that move is hard to come by, since you need Pokemon Box.

Second place is Bidoof and Bibarel. Both have unique abilities that are rarely shared, and Simple can be useful in-game. Personally, I used one with Curse and Amnesia to great effect, and Bibarel's Water-type helps it a lot with its attacks. There's Moody which makes them even godly, so they not only look strange, they can be dangerous too.

Thanks for reading.

Zigzagoon, but only because Linoone looked like an angrier Furret, and it's great to have for the first half of the 3rd gen games.

My vote came down to either Rattata or Zigzagoon. Patrat is decent, but Lillipup is easily better early on in BW. Sentret never really seemed to be useful to me in gen 2. Bidoof works well as a HM slave, but that is about it. I voted for Zigzagoon because of its pickup ability early on and a Linoone with headbutt is great. I also like Rattata, but the tiebreaker went to the ability.

Design-wise, Sentret all the way! It's also not bad as a HM slave if you don't have a water-type, being able to learn Surf and Cut, but sadly not Rock Smash or Strength. HM slave-wise, though, Bidoof/Bibarel is boss.

Zigzagoon, because Linoone is the boss.

I also like Patrat, it is a shame it has almost 0 votes.

I actually adore and like all the "early rodent" pokemons. It's one of the pokemons I anticipate and get excited about when a new generation arrives.
For this, my top 3 favorite would be Sentret, Zigzagoon & Rattata. Sentret & Furret have very adorable designs.
Rattata & Raticate are classics to me. I remember hating an opponent with Raticate because of the hyper and super fang.
Zigzagoon is my ultimate pick. It wasn't until Generation 3 that I started having early rodents in my team.
Linoone has a very cool appearance too.

Zigzagoon is really cute.. not so much its evolved form, though. Sentret is adorable though so it's between Zigzagoon and Sentret for me!

The only thing the Normal-Type Stalker Rodents have is their cuteness, and I think Zigzagoon is the cutest among them. So I chose Zigzagoon.

Special mention goes to Rattata, my least favorite early rodent, whose evo I hate.

I like Patrat and Watchog. I like the way Watchog looks; it appears to be saying something like "Oh yeah, buddy, you want to mess with OUR BASE? Yeah, that's what I thought, pal. Go pick on someone who can't fight back." And also, nothing says bad*** like a ground squirrel wearing high-visibility safety stripes.

Out of the 5 to choose, my choice and taste goes to Patrat, I love its design so much (so much its my 3rd favorite Pokemon of all time). It has one of my favorite combinations of attack (I like starting with Bulk-up once or twice and attack with Retaliate).... Zigazagoon and Sentret are also good looking.

Excited to know that I'm not the only one that likes Patrat.

Zigzagoon, It's cute yet edgy and has a wonderful ability, not to mention an early powerful move like Headbutt.

Bidoof. It may not be the best but it is the cutest. Sentrets cool, rattata is okay zigzagoon pretty cool but i hate its evo. and patrat? Its a pervert.

Zigzagoon.

Not only does it have Pick Up which can be incredibly useful, but it's also strong enough to be able to take other pokemon down with the crappy HM moves I give it.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom