• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #24 Favourite Fossil Pokémon?

Favourite Fossil Pokémon?

• Omanyte/Omastar

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • Kabuto/Kabutops

Votes: 19 12.2%
  • Aerodactyl

Votes: 31 19.9%
  • Lileep/Cradily

Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Anorith/Armaldo

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Shieldon/Bastiodon

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Cranidos/Rampardos

Votes: 21 13.5%
  • Tirtouga/Carracosta

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • Archen/Archeops

Votes: 31 19.9%

• Total voters
Aerodactyl is my favorite of the fossil pokemon, but Carracosta come in a very, very close second. I love all of the fossil pokemon though, with some honorable mentions going to Omastar, Kabutops, & Bastiodon.

Kabutops is my favourite out of all the fossils. In Rain it becomes faster than Aerodactyl due to Swift Swim and can sweep teams with ease. Not just that but also a Rain boosted Aqua Jet with it's already high Attack stat can be devastating. Aside all that it's been a mystery to me since Gen 1 and I have always been fascinated by it's freaky, yet strong appearance.

You know I researched what an omanyte is and it is an ammonite. Interesting, isn't it?
And Kabutops is similarly to how Kabuto is based on horseshoe crabs, it resembles eurypterids, prehistoric arthropods which hunted in seas and rivers and are believed to have been related to modern horseshoe crabs. The large head is also identical to the cephlon in trilobites and the spines down the back resemble thoracic sections in trilobites, though the scythes and predatory nature much more closely resemble eurypterids. Because of these cross-similarities, it may also be based on the Cheirurus genus of trilobites.

The kabuto in Kabutops's name could be derived from kabuto, helmet, referring to its shape and rock-like properties. Its head has a resemblance to a kabutogani, horseshoe crab. Tops might be a reference to the extinct creature triceratops, ceratopsidae in general or triops.

Pretty cool, huh? It rocks! It has scythes like Scyther! :D

For me its a toss up between Lileep and kabuto. I like both of the designs. in the end i voted for lileep!

I voted with cranidos/rampardos, overall I'd say gen 4 was my favorite so far of all fossil pokemon introduced gens. I think this is because when I think of fossils or dinosaurs these pokemon are ideas of what comes to my mind and seem more like dinosaurs or ancient animals

Wow, I haven't posted or checked this site other than the news section for a while.. Any way for me it's a tie between Rampardos and Archeops. I have fond memories of being a dinosaur nerd then discovering Cranidos which sparked my love for pokemon back in 08. so I chose Rampardos/Cranidos.

Aerodactyl, because it was the most useful for me. I loved using it in PMD games with Agility and Rock Slide for hilariously broken set-up.

Cradily is simply the best Fossil Pokemon. It's one of my top 5 favourite pokemon.

Voted Lileep/Cradily, but it's really a tie with Kabuto/Kabutops. I love the designs of both lines and they've both been very good additions to my team in the past.

Archen/Archeops because of its design and coloration which is similar to that of the real creature its based on but Aerodactyl was close to first.

I really like the Sinnoh fossils, but absolutely HATE the Hoenn fossils. Specifically Shieldon and Cradily.

Voted for Aerodactyl because I've always liked it. Dat speed, you know. I also use it fairly often.

I've also always had a soft spot for Omastar ever since I used it in Yellow. And Kabutops as well because it has scythes for arms. Can't go wrong with scythes for arms.

I like most of the fossil Pokemon overall except Shieldon and Bastiodon who are just kinda uninteresting to me.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom