• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

Favorite generations?

• Total voters
I absolutely love every generations
But gen 3 is my favorite, and im also very fond of gen 4

I voted Gen-IV, I love the animation of the overworld sprites, the music, the Sinnoh region, the Creation Trio, the Distortion world, the fact that it took me a whopping 127 hours to complete and the "Areas".

All of them. Even the ones I haven't played.
Because every Pokémon game has its flaws and good parts.
And it's interesting how the poll is going. Generation III is in the lead, followed by Generation V. Next comes in Gen. II. Poor Gen. IV is second to last, and finally, Gen. I is at the bottom.

I said Gen III because of the pokemon. Metagross is one of my all time favorites. The story and layout of the map was also really cool. In close second was Gen I because I love Charizard and, well, it started it all. Not sure about the rest where they fall.

Generation 1 is my favourite since my first game was Red. Plus the starters are pretty awesome. For me leveling up Pokemon in Red is much easier than on Black/White

Generations I, II, and V.
Generation I was what started it all and obviously I loved it... if I didn't then I probably wouldn't have ever played another Pokémon game.
Generation II had much of the goodness of Generation I but it was new and refreshing.
Generation V was my favourite one story-wise. And the mix of 3D and 2D graphics was really cool. I didn't like the new Pokémon though.

As for the other 2,
Generation III was too different, too "radical" (although I had accepted the changes by Generation IV). And it was lacking in compatibility.
Generation IV was just not all that interesting in my opinion. I did like HeartGold though, partly for the nostalgia of Generation II and partly because I like the feature of having Pokémon outside of their Poké Balls (which was removed from Generation V for some reason).

My favorite is easily Generation III. After that, I guess I'd say Generation V.

Which did you prefer?

Out of the different types of game, which generation of Pokemon was your favorite?

Mine was Silver/Gold/Silver, but I did like Red/Green/blue a lot. I've been playing since I was 4, so those were like my childhood.
The thing I don't like about the new games is that they are too easy. The gyms and everything take seconds to beat, and you don't have to try over and over. In the old games there was like a 5 level jump between gyms, and 10-20 levels at the elite four. Now the elite four poeple fight like they are level 30. Pretty much, after Pokemon Sapphire and Ruby.

So what about you guys? And please explain.

Re: Which did you prefer?

My favorite Gen seems to Alternate. II/IV remakes and normal Gen IV games remained at the top until Gen V. I can safely say, Generation V has been the most interesting, enjoyable and challenging generation yet. As a kid, Gen's II and III were my favorites. I remember longing to return to the Johto Region. Now, I long to return to the Hoenn Region. Currently, as a partial result of said longing, Gardevoir has displaced Snorlax, which has been my favorite since the first Gen, as my top fave companion. I've grown especially attached to the Gardevoir I use in SoulSilver. I take her everywhere.

My Favorite Generation is the Second. Go Cyndaquill!!

I'm a huge fan of the first two generations, I still tend to play the game now and again. I'm starting to lighten up when it comes to newer games and have more respect for them as well. Still though, you can never beat the nostalgia factor that was my childhood.

The only thing I don't like about the new games is that they are too easy.

Also I wanted to mention something else. Because of my want to prolong the I and II generation memories, I keep them with my 3 gameboy colors, in a special GBC case. I keep that in a metal briefcase. I'm hardcore. Lol :p

I really like Gen 2 and Gen 4. Gen 2 is when I satrted playing, I thought Johto was a nice region and the Pokemon were nice. I also like how you could travel through both Kanto and Johto and battle 16 gyms in one game. I also like =d Gen 4 a lot, the Sinnoh games introduced a lot of good features like wi-fi trading and have some of my favorite Pokemon like Froslass and Cherrim.

Gen 4 and 5 are my favorites followed by 2, then 1, then 3. I didn't like RSE much at all. Although, I am proud to have a shiny Aggron on my Emerald team, since Aggron is my favorite out of the few gen 3 Pokemon I love. I was totally shocked and ecstatic when I encountered him as a wild Aron. <3

He has the perfect nature too, a brave nature! He kicks ass because of it. Beware my sparkling blue Aggron! :D

I mentioned in another post that I don't have a particular favourite. I started from the beginning (Generation 1), but every generation is so different to each other in my eyes, that I could't possibly favour one more than the other.

I just tend to savour the best bits from each Generation and enjoy it, as it constantly evolves :).

I was never able to beat Red, so Silver and Sapphire were my favorite two games. Sapphire over Silver, because I don't have to save in between boxes so I can still go back and play it. Most of my Gen1-3 Pokemon in Black are from my Sapphire, either bred there or caught.

Gen II and III. Gen II was when I first started playing pokemon, and I really liked the day/night feature in the game. HG and SS could easily place 1st for my favorite Pokemon game, I love how much quality and nostalgia they put into Gold and Silver's remakes.

and I love gen III because Ruby was the first Pokemon game I fully completed (Playing gen II was kind of hard for me, I was pretty young and couldnt quite read fluently) and I love Hoenn, and it had a great storyline

I notice I have a strong attachment to the odd numbered Gens due to their solid hold on knowing what they want in terms of gameplay direction/mechanics and pulling it off. Gen III is my favorite (high in fun factor and exploration) and going by how things are shaping up, Gen V might become a fierce competitor in challenging that title due to its own table shifts.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom