• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

Favorite generations?

• Total voters
First generation!!! I love the first 151 Pokemon, but i like all generations alot
I cant believe the first generation has the least votes @_@ They were the first pokemon and the most original and they started everything.

I'll probably want to change my vote after B2W2. Generation V is made of pure awesomeness.

They were the first pokemon and the most original and they started everything.

This means absolutely nothing.
And I don't think they are "the most original". Not at all.

I said the first two Gens. GSC are my favorite games, well HGSS are my favorite games in the entire series, but I don't count remakes when deciding a favorite Gen.

I said gen II because of all of the features that they introduced that we take for granted now: from having post story to night and day cycles, to even breeding.

I said Gen I because it made the most important feature in pokemon games: battling catching and trading pokemon!

Also, I think they have by far the best pokemon designs. They werent overly complicated like the newer ones, so to me they seem to be the most real

It is AWESOME to see so many people voting for Generation 3. I loved the region, storyline, characters, and Pokemon. Hoenn is my favorite, followed closely by Unova. I guess I'm a sucked for a good story. <:

I cannot express how happy I am that so many people like Gen III! I'm honestly surprised that it received the most votes. Gen III is the one game that I have played from beginning to Championship at least three times. In fact, I've played all three versions(R/S/E), except I never made it to championship in Ruby because I lost it. IN FACT, I happen to be playing Sapphire from the beginning right now.

There are just so many parts I love about Gen III. Although the graphics definitely can't compare to that of Gen V, the graphics were a major development in the Pokemon game series compared to the previous 2 generations. The rain is nice and the falling ash is nice, plus the wind. I love all the little details that are included in the game - the puddles, the differences between tall and short grass, the fact that you can see your own reflection in the water, AND the secret bases! I almost forgot about the secret bases until I noticed that secret base tree at Route 110 when I was either biking or walking from Slateport to Mauville City today. The designs for the cities are nice - some are just very unique like Pacifidlog Town and Foretree City. The music is pretty good - not the best, but some of the themes are memorable - I love the rival theme and the rival battle theme, and I also enjoy the Verdanturf Town theme(very peaceful and pretty sounding). But...the best thing about the games for me is definitely the environment. Some places it would be raining, some places it would be raining ash - the routes varied from one another. Oh yeah, Gen III also has a big fancy beach(I think IV and V also had beaches, but not as fancy). That stuck out to me a lot the first time I played Ruby.

Plus...the character designs are really nice. Not just for the Gym Leaders and the Elite Four, but for the random opponents that walk up to you and ask you for a challenge as well. Parasol Lady and the tubers really stuck out to me, as well as the twins and the Psychics. Oh yeah, love the outfits for Team Magma. Adorable. And Steven Stone. And the character designs for the protagonist/rival for Gen III are my favorites, primarily the character design for Brandon.

And then of course we have the Pokemon designs. Gen III have some pretty amazing Pokemon designs, although I do prefer the Pokemon designs for Gen II a bit more. Gen III have some very graceful and exotic looking Pokemon such as Milotic, Altaria, Gardevoir, Absol, etc. And...some very "rough and tough" looking ones such as Metagross and Aggron.

I will have to say that I favor the storyline for Gen V, just because its a little darker and more mature, not to mention deeper. There's a bunch of character development in the Gen V games, especially for N.

But all in all, my favorite Generation has to be three.

Gen I is my favorite, probably because that's what i grew up with. As for the gameplay, Gen IV was really great.

Usually I rate Pokemon games by how much that it has advanced from the previous version.
Generation 3 was a big step and generation 4 was even greater.
Plus Sapphire was my first Pokemon game and I played Diamond at the right time in my life and I love that music. So Generations 3 & 4 seem greatest to me.

Generation III is my favorite.
When I got into pokemon, Generation IV was really new and popular. I got Pokemond Diamond and watched the DP anime a lot. I was all over Gen. 4. But I liked pokemon in general. So when I saw something pokemon-related in the Scholastic book catalogs, I would buy it.
However, many of the books were about the Battle Frontier. I realized they were good and I was in distress when I lost one. Eventually, I saw my brother watching a pokemon episode, and I thought it was really good. Turns out it was from Gen. 3.
And about games, I wanted Emerald so that I could do that Pal Park stuff. But, when I played it, I completely fell in love with the game. I didn't bother doing Pal Park and I didn't play Diamond for about half a year after I got Emerald. Then, one day, Emerald broke. I guess I shouldn't have bought a used one...ehehe...
Luckily for me, my brother downloaded Pokemon Emerald and VBA (Visual Boy Advance) on the computer for me. I've played Emerald a thousand times over. And yet I'm still not bored.
So I like Gen. III because of significantly good graphics, fun games, awesome episodes, really good manga, and nice books.
Sorry about the essay.

It will always be Generation III for me, unless something spectacular comes in with Gen VI or a future Gen.

Definitely generation 5. None of the others even come close for me. It was just perfect in every concieveable way. My next favourite would be 3, because of the very fun battle frontier.

I really don't have a concrete favorite here. All gens have shining moments and some setbacks for each. If I have to choose, it would be Gen V.

Wow, G3 has more than I thought. I didn't think it was that popular! I voted for 3 and 4, but now I wish I picked 1 over 4.

I'm tied between Gen II and Gen IV.

I love Gen II since I grew up with it and it was my first Pokemon game.
But I also love Gen IV cus Glaceon <3

Generation I is the best ever because they are the oringial pokemon, all these new gen VI pokemon look a bit rushed, go back to pokemons roots

Tied between V and III, both had lovely characters and a beautiful region to boot, I'm frankly surprised that those two are leading.

Gen III, because it was the generation I started off in, and because the main series games, Ruby and Sapphire, were excellent, as well as the remakes of the games that started it all, LeafGreen and FireRed. Also, it had many great spin offs, with Colosseum and XD, and the initial Mystery Dungeon games.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom