• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #3: Favorite Generation?

Favorite generations?

• Total voters
2nd Generation is my favorite because it introduced many new and cool things like day and night and breeding. Also the gen 2 pokemon were cool (especially Ampharos).

The 1st generation is too important to me to not be consicered as a favourite generation. Not only for nostalgy shit, being the first generation of Pokémon it made my life what it is now: a Pokémon hobbyist. Also, the Pokémon are awesome.

Second comes the latest generation. I just love the Pokémon and the games and how this generation has freshened the franchise a little bit by having huge changes and differences compared to the earlier games. Oh, and N.

I had to chose IV because it was when I finally understood what everything was. Gen I was a close second.

For me it's tied between gen II and gen III .

The Johto region is by far my favorite region cause it has some of the best looking Pokemon (Ampharos and Umbreon being my favorites) and introduced breeding, day and night, and Dark and Steel types. I love being able to explore Kanto again and get the 16 badges. There is also tons of extra features which is why my Gold is my most played Pokemon game next to my White version.

Gen 3 mainly because the graphics improved a ton compared to G/S/E , they introduced really good Pokemon and with FireRed/LeafGreen , a large variety of obtainable Pokemon. Plus FR/LG brings me a lot of nostalgia since Red was my first game. Gen 3 also introduced some of the best features like Running Shoes which are very useful, contests which are really fun, and the expansion of berries which make battling easier and also more challenging.

Gen V is too new for me to call it my favorite, but I really like how much effort they actually put into improving the series and the storyline/features are just amazing. There are some Pokemon I'm not a big fan of, but I'm starting to get use to all of them, just like I did in Gen IV.

Gen 1 is where it all started for me and nothing beats Kanto and the original 151 for me (especially Dragonite :D).

I just picked them all because I enjoyed them all XDD But if I were to rank the gens...

1. Gen3 - Hoenn is my FAV overall - good plots and pokemons XDD. Plus, STEVEN XDD

2. Gen4 - Sinnoh has a lot of my fav pokemons, and there's a lot to do in Sinnoh

3. Gen5 - I loved the Team Plasma arc with N, but I dislike the pokemons, and there's nothing much post-game

4. Gen2 - Well... I enjoyed it but it was hard to break the habit of solo-ing with Typhlosion.

5. Gen1 - Just for nostalgia. XDD

To me it's between 2/5. I liked Heartgold but I thought the Sinnoh games were boring. Both Gens sort of provided me with something new. Jhoto was a better Kanto and I really enjoyed gen 5 with the new unexpected pokemon and the story. What Jhoto lacked with an engaging story like BW, it made up for with it's gameplay which was as fun as BW imo.

If I had to order the gens from fav to least fav it would be

2/5

I liked Generation II because you could go to both Kanto and Johto in the same game, fight all the gym leaders, and the previous protagonist, Red. It was hell trying to get your Pokédex filled, though.

By region (including remakes):

1. Hoenn
2. Unova
3. Johto
4. Kanto
5. Sinnoh

This is a toughie.
I LOVED gen III. It had the best map for both FRLG and RSE. It dosen't hurt that FR was my first game either.
I only liked gen IV for HGSS. But HGSS is my favorite game so far...
Gen V Is awesome in several ways.
HAXORUSSSSSSSS

My vote goes to gen IV.

My joint faves are Gens 1,2,4

Surprised to see Gen 5 which we've only had 1 installment of leading. Even more surprising in Gen 3 in close 2nd, when usually a lot of hate, either fairly or unfairly is directed at Gen 3.

What's sadder is Gen 1 the series that started it all, coming in dead last.

Have to go for III and V. Gen 3 was my first one, and I loved the pokemon variety. Also, I LIEK MUDKIPZ! Seriously, best starter pokemon IMO. As for V, sheer brilliance from GF. Good levelling and a set of pokemon that make you want to go through with several. On my first HGSS playthrough, I really only used feraligatr

Generation III I love the Hoenn Region and the Pokémon even though I started out with Gold and Silver.

Gen III for me. I love that generation for many things :
- Introduction of actual double battles
- Diving in the ocean
- 2 villain Teams instead of 1
- FREAKIN' AGGRON

Gen V and Gen I are close seconds to me. Gen II is okay to me, though unlike most people I didn't liked the remakes as much as the original and Gen IV is okay as well but it's... Nah I'll let Sonic answer that for me
youretooslowplz.gif

Gen III is my favorite. It had a good story, great region, and pretty good pokemon. It was hard to decide between it, Gen IV, and Gen V. Gen V's graphics were the best, and unlike most of the fanbase, I loved the pokemon. But Gen II was where it all started for me, and it introduced F*CKING FLYGON. (My favorite dragon) I really enjoyed Platinum, it had a good post game, and I actually completed a lot of my pokedex.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom