• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #31 Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?

Should Black 2/White 2 have been on the 3DS?

• Yes. 3DS all the way!

Votes: 31 22.5%
  • No, they're fine on the DS.

Votes: 81 58.7%
  • I don't really care. Doesn't affect me.

Votes: 26 18.8%

• Total voters
I wish they'd make them on both systems so I can finally get some decent use out of my 3DS besides Mariokart 7. If only DS, fine. I'll still buy one of them.

Nope, they are just fine where they are. Its good for the consumers since it allows us to play the games without having to upgrade, and its good for them since alot more units will be sold this way.

I didn't want a 3DS right now or soon anyways.

I think it's absolutely fine that the new additions will be on DS and not 3DS. DS is still a very popular system and Pokemon is going to look amazing whatever system it's on. Yeah sure maybe in the future a 3DS version will come out, but until then they can release as many on DS as they please.

I'm glad they made it for the DS, rather than the 3DS. Personally, I don't want to see a pokemon game for the 3DS until gen 6.

Also, since it's for the DS, that means I can put off actually buying a 3DS. :p

It doesn't matter to me because I have a DS Lite and a 3DS. But looking at past patterns (not like Game Freak's been breaking traditions lately), Pokemon generations always stayed on the same console.

Each generation has its own gameplay mechanics and graphical interface to be compatible across all of its games and the handheld console. If the rest of Gen V was exclusively on the 3DS, it would have to change some mechanical things.

In Gen II, Gold and Silver were compatible with the original Game Boy and Crystal was Game Boy Color only. However, Gold and Silver were marketed as GBC games right on the boxes.

Save the 3DS for Gen VI.

Gen V is on the DS, end of story. We will not and should not see a 3DS game until Gen VI.

It doesn't matter to me because I have a DS Lite and a 3DS. But looking at past patterns (not like Game Freak's been breaking traditions lately), Pokemon generations always stayed on the same console.

Er, weren't Gold and Silver on the Gameboy whlie Crystal is for Gameboy Color?

Er, weren't Gold and Silver on the Gameboy whlie Crystal is for Gameboy Color?

Gold and Silver had full color capability and were marketed as Color games, but they still worked on Gameboy.

While Nintendo would have gained a lot more money if they did it on the 3DS, I was quite happy to see I won't have to buy a $700 3DS (plus the game itself, which costs around $200).

I would've perfered if it was on the 3DS but at least more people can own the game, plus it has 3DS exclusive features...I wonder what those are though...

I would've perfered if it was on the 3DS but at least more people can own the game, plus it has 3DS exclusive features...I wonder what those are though...
It won't have 3DS exclusive features but it will have DSi exclusive features which will be useable on the 3DS like in the first Generation V games Black and White.

Yes, it is the up-to-date system and I think that with two consecutive generations on the DS a shift mid-generation would not be all that odd.

I would mind if they were on the 3DS but I think they should save it for the next generation.

I would have liked them on the 3DS. That would have boosted 3DS sales up even more, although the "average" person would probably just think Black 2/White 2 where just 3DS versions, and would skip them entirely. Since I have a 3DS, I would have liked it better =/

Of Coarse it should have been 3ds. The 3ds is awesome. It is also (despite how poorly it started off) is became the fastest selling console after its price dropped. If its for 3ds it would sell even faster

It doesn't affect me, because I have a 3DS and a normal DS, but I think it's good that they're just for DS, because it means people who only have a DS can buy it without having to spend money on a 3DS.
I think it should have had 3DS-exclusive features, but I suppose DSi features that work on the 3DS is almost as good. Maybe I just want to feel special because I have a 3DS

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom