• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #4: Do you EV Train?

Do you EV train?

• Total voters

Ivysaur

SoFloFoSho
Reaction score
Welcome to the fourth installment in the Video Games Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Friday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Life Alert, and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll: Do you EV train? Do you go through the trouble of battling certain Pokemon to specifically increase certain stats? If so, to what extent do you train them?

Past Polls of the Week

1) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/vg-weekly-poll-1-black-white-step-right-direction-115729/
2) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/vg-weekly-poll-2-did-you-agree-ns-ideals-116253/
3) http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f323/vg-weekly-poll-3-favorite-generation-116693/

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Last edited:
In previous games, I EV trained both my In-Game and Commutative teams. With Project Celer, I am now EV training every single Pokemon. It's a tad dull.

Too difficult to keep track of everyone's stats and they generally can get by in-game either way, so I don't even bother.

I train them, and they grow whichever way they grow.

Ive tried EV training but its kind of lost on me because I dont battle competitively. Ive tried it though to make certain stats in my Pokemon stronger for in game play. The only Pokemon Ive ever fully EV trained is my Scyther in Soul Silver, I trained it in Attack and Speed, and it now has the Effort Ribbon. I did this just to make those stats stronger.

Never have, never will. It's just too much work, and I have no reason to do it since I don't battle competitively. At most, I'll pick up a carbos or protein or something in some random cave and give it to whichever pokemon I think needs it most.

Competitive-yes. I also breed IVs and natures for those.

In-game whatever I catch. It can have a hindering nature,no IVs and I just train it to reach some goal (usually to evolve it to final stage or reach lv.100.)

I love EV training! Ever since HG, I finally understood it and now I train pretty much anything competitively useful. I find it pretty easy (but maybe it`s because I`ve got Pokerus :-D ).

I EV train both in story mode and post-Elite 4 as it brings in the longitivity and challenge.

I really only EV-train my competitive team. I also breed for moves, IVs and natures. I do have a few IV-bred, egg move using, EV-trained pokemon in my in-game team though, like my jolly Lucario with Bite and the third in my line of Fireball-named Charizard, who are both completely owning Black version.

I can't really say I understand the point of EV training an in game team. Anything can beat the game if you level it enough. I've had quite a few things with hindering natures in the last few games.

I do EV train but I don't know that I feel right calling it my competitive team. I use the things I train that way in random match ups, in the subway/tower/frontier, or against friends. I suppose some people classify it as competitive as long as you're against someone else but it doesn't feel like it's really the same thing to me.

I EV trained a few "serious" teams, with aid from Action Replay. >>; I couldn't do EV Training the hard way, with actual breeding for weeks, and whipping out calculators and such. And as for my in-game teams, it doesn't matter much to me.

I don't EV train in game, but as a competetive player, EV training is a must for me.

After I'm able to properly EV train (Pokérus and Power Items), I tend to try to get my in-game and competitive team EV-trained whenever possible. However, I don't really keep exact counts - sometimes, there may be a +-2 point difference.

I don't EV train my story mode team, mostly because I don't have access to the tools needed to properly EV train that early in the game. Pokemon for Competitive use, EV training is a must.

I don't EV train my in-game team but I do EV train Pokemon I plan on using for competitive battling.

I neither play competitively nor am I active in the meta-game, so I don't EV train.

I can't really say I understand the point of EV training an in game team. Anything can beat the game if you level it enough. I've had quite a few things with hindering natures in the last few games.

I do EV train but I don't know that I feel right calling it my competitive team. I use the things I train that way in random match ups, in the subway/tower/frontier, or against friends. I suppose some people classify it as competitive as long as you're against someone else but it doesn't feel like it's really the same thing to me.

Well, you just described my situation exactly.
I don't EV train my in-game teams. When I finish the game I EV train Pokemon to battle the Subway/Tower, random wi-fi matches and my friends.

Yeah, I do if I want to stand a chance in competitive battles IV breeding, EV training, is long and hard but, a must.

Not really, no. I did it a little last summer when I became briefly obsessed with competitive battling, but that's really it.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom