• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #4: Do you EV Train?

Do you EV train?

• Total voters
Why in the world would someone want to EV-train if there are things like PokéGen? Isn't that just wasting your time? I mean; There are people who can get anything you might desire within a minute of tweaking.

I've started to breed for IV's (I got an amazing Shroomish because of that) and EV train =) takes forever but it's worth it

I never have. im lazy like that in guess. but then again once i beat the game thats it for me, so i train up for the elite four against whatever is best training then im done.

I EV trained a little in Gen IV and started fresh in Gen V. I also saw that by EV training so much in Gen V I was really missing out on battling and was just wasting so many hours in riding the damn bike hatching eggs and wrecking low level in-game Pokemon for the EV's.

It's really not worth it in Gen V imo. The developers fail to listen to the community and make it easier for everyone.

I don't EV train at all, I guess its because I don't play competitively. I can get by just by training my team without paying attention to IVs and EVs. That and I did try EV training once and it made the game feel like a chore, thus removing my purpose for playing so I just play without thinking about that stuff.

When I found out about EV-training, I couldn't really appreciate my normal Pokemon anymore, and I started training and breeding for an in-game team. This kind of spoiled the game for me though, because it's a hard thing to do with limited resources in the beginning. It also takes way too much time for something that's never going to be as good as a competitive team. Now I only train and RNG the teams I use to battle real people.

I pretty much agree with TwistedSpoon. I kinda wish I hadn't ever learned of EV training. At first I thought it was a dumb concept and I wouldn't ever do it, then my brother started doing it and I realized how much better my Pokemon could be if I did do it. I don't battle competitively, although I tell my self I'm going to finish my sand team and do so, remains to be seen if that'll ever happen. Anyway, even just my in-game Pokemon always end up getting EV trained now, at least after I get the ones I really want to keep. If I've got a Lucario or a Dragonite or some other awesome Pokemon, I don't want him to be mediocre, so yeah I'll invest the couple hours it takes to beef it up, especially now that I've got easy access to power items and PKRS. So yeah, EV training kinda sucks and honestly, I wish they'd have input a system that wasn't so tedious, but after all is said and done, I'm glad I did it.

I EV-train my in-game team, no, it's not needed, but I do it regardless.

I EV train my in-game team, but that's because they're likely going to be the ones I use in the competitive scene too, if ever I participate. I just can't see myself putting in the same effort for another set, and in the boring land of post-storyline.

I would love to EV Train a competitive team, but alas, that requires patience. I have very little patience. I'd probably just stuff 'em full of vitamins and then never do it again, anyways.

Maybe some day, though!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom