• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #43 Favourite Water-type starter?

Favourite Water-type starter?

• Squirtle

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 18 13.8%

• Total voters
Oshawott, definitely. Two reasons. One, Ash's Oshawott is the cutest and funniest Pokemon character ever and two, Samurott has an awesome design. :D
The rest... Piplup>Squirtle>Totodile≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫≫Mudkip(z)
Also, I agree with this.

If we're just going by starters, Totodile baaaarely beats Squirtle, who baaaaarely beats Mudkip. But if we're taking evolutions into account, it'd have to be Squirtle. I had a level 100 Blastoise my brother helped me level (I was like 8) back in Red version. I transferred it (along with my 100 Alakazam and Mewtwo, all of whom knew Mega Punch /facepalm) from every file I deleted and back onto the new one. Not to use them, but just so I'd have them with me. Eventually had to give it up as the years went by, but I don't think any pokemon I ever have could equal that Blastoise. Also come on. It's got cannons on it's back. Cannons, bro.

It's actually a tie between Squirtle and Piplup for me. I adore turtles in real life, and I might have been a pure-Water-Type-starter had I not went for Cyndaquil in Crystal. But for overall cuteness, and for his role in the DP anime, I really love Piplup. I use an Empoleon on a separate team, and he does his job well.

Piplup's design grew to me the moment I saw it. The other starters are also good, but Oshawott is probably the worst one. It's not that bad, but Samurott just looks horrible in my opinion. I dislike Samurott a lot, though probably not as much as I dislike Charizard.

I love all of them, but Oshawott wins this for me. He becomes a Duel sword wielding sea loin/otter as a Samurott!

Totodile. It and its evolutions just look really cool. Oshawott is a close second.

Oshawott, with Mudkip very close second. I love them both, but Oshawott is cuter, and it's final evolution is more awesome in my opinion :3

Squirtle. Hate Mudkipz and don't care for Piplups. Totodile's not too bad, but I don't really like its evos. Oshawott would've won if Samurott was Water/Fighting.

I prefer Mudkip because of the Ground/Water typing. It saved my bacon many times in multiple playthroughs.

Totodile, it has access to Dragon Dance, giving him more power. If only it was legal with Sheer Force no thanks to 100% male DW starters.

Before Generation V, Pochama was my favorite Water Starter, but with the addition of Mijumaru, it changed.

I really like this family, even though I would like more if Daikenki were standing in its hind legs in both artwork and sprites.
And Futachimaru is just gorgeous in every aspect.

Oshawott. Once the little guy reaches his final form though, all bets are off...

Piplup is my favourite Water starter out of all of them. It's really cute to start with and it's final evolution Empoleon just looks amazing to me. I use Empoleon in one of my teams and it's not to be underestimated.

Piplup, mainly for my fondness of penguins. I also really like Squirtle.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom