• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #43 Favourite Water-type starter?

Favourite Water-type starter?

• Squirtle

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • Totodile

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • Piplup

Votes: 31 23.8%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 18 13.8%

• Total voters
I voted Mudkip :D
Mudkip is my favorite water starter, but it was difficult to choose because I also love Oshawott. But because Mudkip was my first, I gave it the vote, but Oshawott comes in a very close second.

Last edited:
I had a hard time deciding between Squirtle and Totodile... But I think I prefer Totodile. Blastoise and Feraligatr are equally badass to me.

Mudkip. Swampert is one of the most useful starters out there, thanks to the typing and its movepool.

1. Piplup (IT'S SO CUTE! dont know why, but i was just drawn to it the moment i saw it)
2. Totodile (first pokemon i ever had, and ive always loved it and all of its evolutions)
3. Squirtle (turtles are my favorite animal, and it was my favorite pokemon as a kid)
4. Mudkip (i still like it, just not as much as the others)
5. Oshawott (only hated it in BW because of its horrible artwork)

Totodile is my favorite Water starter. It has an adorable design, Feraligatr was really good in my HG team and since it was the first Water starter I used, I have a bit of a soft spot for it. Oshawott would be in second due to having a really cute design in both its first and second form and Samurott is pretty cool. While I think that Swampert is the most useful out of the final Water starter forms, Mudkip would be in third since I prefer the designs of its evolve forms over its basic form.

Piplup, because It's very cute, plus it's powerful too. Plus when it evolves into Prinplup, it gets really cool, and even more powerful, and when it evolves into Empoleon? Times Prinplup by 10x, and then some.

Oshawott is a close secound, because it's cute and cool, and it's evolutions are cool and powerful. Plus I really like it in the anime. To bad though that GF or Nintendo really messed up their offical artwork.

Totodile is third because of those aligator fangs. Gotta love those fangs.

Squirtle is fourth pretty much because I like most the other Water-Type starters more. Not that I don't like Squirtle or anything. I just like Piplup, Oshawott, and Totodile even more.

Mudkip gets pretty much the same treatment as Squirtle.

Piplup. it was my very first starter Pokemon, Empoleon is a complete badass, and penguins are my favorite animal.

Piplup was my first Pokemon ever so it wins by default. Back in Platinum, its still my most powerful (as an Empoleon), and will always be my one and only partner. I like all of them, though.

So, do I prefer turtles, crocodiles, mud skippers, penguins, or samurai otters and sea lions? Well, I can't take a pass on Oshawott, as I think it (and its evolutions) is cooler than all the other Water-type starters. Besides, it is my favorite starter, after all.

I prefer Mudkip even though I like all the starters but i dont like them as much as Fire

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom