• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

VG Weekly Poll #46 Favourite Early-game Bug?

Which is your favourite early-game bug?

• Caterpie

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Weedle

Votes: 7 7.0%
  • Ledyba

• Spinarak

• Wurmple

• Kricketot

Votes: 5 5.0%
  • Sewaddle

Votes: 18 18.0%
  • Venipede

Votes: 24 24.0%

• Total voters

Hidden Mew

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm going to go with Caterpie. I always raised one in the first generation games to help battle against the first Gym, despite being at a disadvantage, with its Confusion attack. Plus, I think that Butterfree is the best design out of all of the fully evolved Bug types on this list. Though, Sewaddle is a close second due to being the cutest out of the early game Bug types.

Camille

Call of Fate
Reaction score
Venipede, because it can have Speed Boost, and Scolipede is cool-looking with a great movepool.

Neosquid

shadow siren
Reaction score
my very favorite early game bug would have to be vivillon, it's an absolutely adorable pokemon with lots of beautiful wing variations. Plus, I love how its eyes are pixelated. Ledian, beautifly, ariados, and vikavolt are other pokemon I'm a big fan of.

Hojewmire

Reaction score
Venipede's my choice. I think its whole line looks absolutely unique.
Also, Whirlepede is a kickass cocoon stage and Scolipede is just way too beautiful for words.

Oricorio

Metalhead
Reaction score
Venipede, for being more unique than the constant swarm of lepidopterae and for its evolution being the only one that's anywhere near viable.