• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #46 Favourite Early-game Bug?

Which is your favourite early-game bug?

• Caterpie

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • Weedle

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Ledyba

• Spinarak

• Wurmple

• Kricketot

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Sewaddle

Votes: 18 17.6%
  • Venipede

Votes: 26 25.5%

• Total voters

Zeb

what is your spaghetti policy here?
Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the forty-sixth instalment in the Video Games Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll:

Which is your favourite early-game bug?
Game Freak have set a tradition to give us access to a (generally) weak bug early in the game in each generation. So which is your favourite and why?

Past Polls of the Week

01) Was Black and White a step in the right direction?
02) Did you agree with N's ideals?
03) Favourite Generation?
04) Do you EV train?
05) Favourite Grass-type starter?
06) Was the Battle Tower/Subway too hard?
07) Favourite Spin-Off Series?
08) Favourite Fire/Fighting type starter?
09) Who was the hardest Gym Leader?
10) Primary, Secondary of Tertiary Version?
11) Do you use the Pokémon Global Link?
12) Do you like the Pokémon Dream World?
13) Creepiest Pokémon Resting Place?
14) Favourite Regional Professor?
15) Favourite Legendary Trio?
16) Favourite Early Bird?
17) Favourite Unova Gym Design?
18) Favourite Ice-type Trainer
19) Favourite Dragon-type Version Mascot
20) Initial Reaction to Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition?
21) Favourite Male Playable Character?
22) Favourite Villainous team?
23) Favourite Early Rodent?
24) Favourite Fossil Pokémon?
25) Most Anticipated 3DS Feature?
26) Favourite Female Playable Character?
27) Thoughts on the Doctor and Nurse trainer classes?
28) Do you nickname your Pokémon?
29) Do you use sacrifical moves?
30) Which Kyurem form is your favourite?
31) Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?
32) Do you participate in official VGC events?
33) Which type needs more attention?.
34) Would you like to see Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localised?.
35) Will we see any new pokemon in B2W2?
36) Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White?
37) Are you willing to pay the price for Pokédex 3D Pro?
38) Which currently released Mythical Pokémon do you want the most?
39) Would you agree with paid DLC in Pokémon?
40) Do nature and IVs matter to you?
41) Are you content with Pokémon's online?
42) Who is your favourite rival?
43) Favourite Water-type starter?
44) Will you be purchasing Pokémon Conquest?
45) Which is your favourite elemantal monkey?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

I voted for Caterpie, because Butterfree can be quite useful, in my opinion. There aren't any Gen I Psychic-type Pokemon I really like (besides Mew and Mewtwo), so it's a decent stand-in with Confusion in RBY/FRLG.

Venipede. Not only is its final form by far the most threatening-looking early bug, it also has excellent speed and high attack & defence, plus access to both Spikes and Toxic Spikes. Love it.

As much as I like Ariados (despite my hate for spiders), I have to vote for Venipede because Scolipede looks badass and awesome.

Caterpie, because Butterfree is one of my favorite Pokemon design-wise. It's fun to use near-perfect Sleep Powder and is immensely useful ingame.

A big tie between Caterpie and Sewaddle.

...but I'll vote in Caterpie.

This was a tough choice for me to make, between Caterpie, Weedle and Wurmple; however, in the end, I chose Caterpie. Since Gen. I, I always find a way to add that little bugger (no pun intended) onto my various teams.

I voted Caterpie and I'm not sure why. There's just something about it that I prefer to other Bug-type Pokémon. Perhaps it's the nostalgia.

But Venipede deserves a special mention because it's one of the fewer early-game Bug-types that don't follow the traditional "weak Bug-type Pokémon which later evolves into a cocoon/chrysalis that can only use harden and then into a fairly powerful final form" format.

Caterpie because you can get Butterfree fairly early and have access to most of the Powder status affecting attacks. Also, it learns Confusion AND Psybeam, so it's a pretty awesome pokemon.

Venipede, because Scolipede kicks major arse in battle. It's also a great Baton Passer.

I never really catch early game bug pokemon, but i like Spinarak and voted for him

Caterpie! Lets go for some Compound Eyes Sleep Powder :)
And Butterfree ccan Learn Quiver Dance now :p

Going with the (at this time) majority: Caterpie, because of all the times Butterfree helped me beat Brock in the past.

Oh man, this'll be tough.

Going with Weedle, but Venipede is a close second. Why? Both can actually help my team--my Beedrill, Sting was the only one who could take down Whitney's stinking cow in SS and my Scolipede, Bugly was a force in White. But the vote goes to Weedle, as I've always found that little guy to be very useful.

It's really close between Sewaddle and Venipede, I'm going with Sewaddle, because It was the most useful team member in my Mono Bug type run of black.

Wurmple does it for me because he's the cutest! <3 When I first got Ruby, I captured every Wurmple I came across, to "protect" them from evil Taillows. 8U Also, he has 2 possible evos, which makes him stand out from other early-bugs.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom