• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #5: Favorite Grass-type starter?

Which is your favorite Grass-type starter?

• Total voters
Definitely Snivy. Its design is so awesome and interesting that it made me want to choose it as my starter, despite my fire-type tradition. (Still didn't happen, though. But I was tempted.)

Design wise, Chikorita. She's freakin cute <3

Usability-wise, Bulbasaur. He's a little ass kicker, particularly as he debuted in a generation where the first two gym leaders were weak to him, and he had type advantage over the third.

Grass-types usually tend to be my favorite. I've used all of them, never let down. I can't say the same for the other 2 types.

Tort my beloved Torterra and Eris my darling Serperior are kinda tied in first, I just can't decide. The rest pretty much all tie for second, my little babies... Scept the Sceptile, Pollux the Meganium, and Ephraim my Venusaur. Love those guys!

I generally don't care for Grass types, but Snivy has always been that exception for reasons unknown! That being said, Snivy is my favorite Grass starter.

Snivy. Easy choice for me, I love the Snivy line's design, I think it's one of the best designs of a Pokemon. It's not the best battle wise, but with Contrary coming, it'll improve.

I also really like the Treecko line.

I voted for both Bulbasaur and Treecko, because Bulbasaur is one of my favorite first stage starters, and Ivysaur is my favorite second stage starter, but Sceptile is my favorite final stage starter, so both lines mean a lot to me.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom