• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #54 Have you used a player character of the opposite gender?

Have you used a player character of the opposite gender to your own?

• Yes

Votes: 76 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • I was a girl playing in Gen I-II; I had no choice.

Votes: 16 13.9%

• Total voters
I only have in one game: Knights of the Old Republic II, and that was to go with canon. But seeing as this poll is about in Pokemon games, the answer is no.

Played Yellow. Didn't have a choice. But any other time I used the female character. Although I used the male character for my first time playing Sapphire.

I was a girl on White since I already had Black and was a guy on there. Not bad, just annoying with the bright pink C-Gear.

Up until BW2, I have not played as the male player. I'm a girl, so I always picked the girl. I'm picking the boy in BW2 because I really, really don't like Mei (she's so...frilly...).

My first game was Pokemon Silver, so I didn't really have a choice in the matter. Even so, I still play as the male trainer. Since I always get both sets of games, I use one game to play as the female trainer and the other one to play as the male trainer. It's normally the first game in the set playing as the girl with the second one as the boy. I do it mainly for the fun of it and so that there would be more of a difference between playing the two versions for me. Plus, there have a been a couple of male trainer designs that I've liked, mainly the design for the male trainer in Black.

I have, although these files weren't meant to last long. However, in Black 2/White 2, I might play as Mei instead. I dislike Kyouhei and Mei looks pretty well-designed.

I've played as Lyra in Soul Silver once, so yes. I might have done it a couple other games as well, but I can't remember.

If I ever restart White, I do plan on playing as Hilda just so I can see her more... :crush:

Personally Kyouhei looks extremely ridiculous for the male character so i really have no choice now, i guess im going to have to play as Mei in B2/W2 So yeah, i will play as an opposite gender character

I usually play as a girl in my first run except in blue, gold, and silver since I had no choice. However I choose the male characters on my second run and give them really stupid names, which I find funny. To put it simply, yes I have used a character opposite my gender. :)

Only when playing as a girl wasn't an option.

Never have and never will. I don't care how great Mei looks, I'm a guy so I'm going for the oddball with the daft hair. I would just feel weird playing as a girl.

Well, I have posed as a girl one in Blue Rescue Team just to get Eevee to be a Jolteon since gender means absolutly nothing there. Outside of that game though, it's not happening.

I've done it for the first time in White 2 which I'm currently playing.

I usually always play as a guy and I don't know, it was kind of refreshing to play a girl for a change. And I didn't notice any big differences, the only notable one I could spot, beside the sprite change, was blue -> pink. So yeah, that didn't bother me.

Yes, I have played as a character of opposite gender and ... it was fun! ^^

Except for pokemon blue and gold, I play as the girl characters because... It's weird playing as the opposite gender of who you are. My friend (girl) played emerald as the boy character, and I thought that was kinda weird.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom