• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #54 Have you used a player character of the opposite gender?

Have you used a player character of the opposite gender to your own?

• Yes

Votes: 76 66.1%
  • No

Votes: 23 20.0%
  • I was a girl playing in Gen I-II; I had no choice.

Votes: 16 13.9%

• Total voters
Yes I actually have I guess for me its not more so if I pick the character that's the same gender as me but that has the best design overall like in White I played as Hilda and now in Black 2 I'm playing as Nate. Also I hate how in the little game pamphlet they tell you to make sure and pick the gender that best suits you like what are you gonna do if I don't.

Yes, back during my playthrough of Sapphire/Emerald, I prefered May's design over Brendan so I picked her.

I almost always use May over Brendan in Emerald, I prefer her design.

I usually play as the female character since I am a girl, but if I do second playthroughs of the games I will usually go with the male characters. As such, I have played as Brandon, Red and Lucas.

However for BW2, I really don't like the character design for Rosa, so I have only played as Nate

I usually play as the male, exceptions being in Crystal, Emerald, and Black2. I played as the female in crystal because playing as female was a new thing, and I thought it was great, in emerald because I played as the Male in ruby, and in Black2 because I really like Mei/Rosa's design.

yeah i like to switch back on forth depending on how much i like how the characters look.
i usually like to be my own gender but sometimes i can't stand their hairstyles so i use the other.
yes i'm very swallow..i go by looks.

Yep, since Gen II, I've played as a girl at least once on my multiple playthroughs.

I usually go through the game first as a girl and then the next playthrough I play as a boy.

I play as a girl for my save file. Though, when I want to replay with a different starter and team, that's when I play as the male. So I have played every game (in which gender is an option) with both genders.

The only game I have a save file with the boy trainer is Pearl, and that's because I already have Platinum (had Diamond).

And like someone else mentioned, the original Mystery Dungeon when I wanted to be a Meowth in my second playthrough.

I'm sure a few have mentioned it, yes usually on the second run of the game.

Yes, I was a male every time. Even though with Generation's I & II I had no choice, I was completely fine with it. ^.^

Off and on. I was Dawn when Diamond and Platinum came out and I'm currently playing as a girl in two of my four active games.

Also, I was Vulpix in Sky (girl-exclusive for starter or partner)

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom