• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #55 Do you like the shaking spots feature in Black/White?

Do you like the "shaking spots" feature in Black/White?

• Yes! Rarer Pokémon and Audino, what's not to love?

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Meh, I never really bothered with them.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • No! I could never get the right Pokémon, and Audino suck!

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters
I quite like the shaking spots for Audino grinding. I like finding the occasional rare Pokemon too. I do not like swirling dust. Usually I'm trying to get to the end of the cave with repel and OHAI IM DRILBUR wow go away.

Yeah, I like the concept, but I think the execution is a little lacking. They're already rare, so giving certain Pokémon a 5% encounter rate compared to Audino's 95% is pretty silly.

Yes, I like them. Not only are they a great way to get quick EXP, especially for lower level Pokemon, but they're a great way (and sometimes the only way) to find rare or even impossible-to-find Pokemon. If you asked about my favorite version of the shaking grass (shaking grass, swirling dust, surf spots), I'd have to go with swirling dust. No only can you find a useful and/or rare Pokemon, but the bonus of possibly finding items like Gems and Stones makes the hunt more fun, especially for treasure hunters like myself. So I'd have to say yes. It can be a bit time consuming to wait for the grass/dust/spots to occur, but all for the sake of a perfect team and a complete PokeDex.

Of course, it makes finding rarer Pokemon easier, but it also makes EV training harder since Audino gives you the wrong EV points on a Pokemon you're training.

I love it, because of the audino, which is a great way of level grinding, especially in the early portion of the game. The only other time I would look for the skaking grass if I was looking for one of the elemental monkeys, emolgas, etc.

It was an okay feature in Black & White, because it helped with the grinding.

In Black 2 & White 2 it was vastly improved, since now you can find pretty good Pokémon in the shaking spots.

I love them. Sure, I don't always get good Pokémon when I dive into those things, but it's awesome when I do. And even when you don't, Audino do grant a lot of exp, which is invaluable, especially at the earlier portion of the game wherein you always seem to be running behind level-wise. Plus, they're very visually amusing.

It was an okay feature in Black & White, because it helped with the grinding.

In Black 2 & White 2 it was vastly improved, since now you can find pretty good Pokémon in the shaking spots.

This pretty much. Although I never really cared about it in B/W, in B/W2 it's much more rewarding to take a look.

Just like in my White 2 JP, I'm really appreciating the extra experience Audino gives in my White 2 US. o_o; Especially since in both games I'm using an all-prevo team, which considerably racks up the difficulty, since I have to be several levels higher than my opponent to not be totally curb-stomped.

I like it, just because the shaking spots makes it much easier to grind(if it contains an Audino).

I like the rustling grass...though I do use it for Audino abuse, especially when you have a traded lvl 1 pokemon holding lucky egg! Then you switch out to Boldore or something and BLOW UP a lvl 50 Audino and you get 25,000+ EXP! :D

I'm not entirely sure Rustling Grass has added much to the series. Audino spam shouldn't even exist to begin with, it's only reason for being there is because they messed up the EXP system in 5th gen to make grinding higher level Pokemon too hard. Aside from that, there's almost no value in having them, not the way they're currently being used. Rare Pokemon are nice, but they don't need to be in a separate roster of Pokemon to be made rare. And having evolutions of Pokemon on the same route as their predecessors is rather pointless, and many of those evolutions are too rare and powerful to be catchable.

Now if we're throwing Double Grass into this discussion, that's a different story, because Double Grass allows for more flexibility in the distribution. But Shaking Spots? Not so much.

It was a neat feature, but REALLY annoying when trying to find rare Pokemon such as Relicanth when fishing.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom