• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #55 Do you like the shaking spots feature in Black/White?

Do you like the "shaking spots" feature in Black/White?

• Yes! Rarer Pokémon and Audino, what's not to love?

Votes: 62 80.5%
  • Meh, I never really bothered with them.

Votes: 9 11.7%
  • No! I could never get the right Pokémon, and Audino suck!

Votes: 6 7.8%

• Total voters

Oswin

Reaction score
Hello Everynyan! Welcome to the fifty-fifth installment in the Video Games Forum's new weekly series of polls!

Centered around the Pokemon series of video games, these polls will be based on the various different aspects of the popular video game franchise. Every Monday, a Video Games staff member will post a new poll that'll remained stickied up on top of the forum. Suggestions for polls and questions can be sent to Joshawott or Zeb and they could possibly used for new polls (credit will be given, of course).

With that out of the way, here is the poll:

Do you like the 'shaking spot' feature in BW? Did you spend hours looking for rarer Pokémon, or did you only use them for Audio grinding? Did they really bother you that much?

Credit goes to Zeb for this weeks poll.

Past Polls of the Week

01) Was Black and White a step in the right direction?
02) Did you agree with N's ideals?
03) Favourite Generation?
04) Do you EV train?
05) Favourite Grass-type starter?
06) Was the Battle Tower/Subway too hard?
07) Favourite Spin-Off Series?
08) Favourite Fire/Fighting type starter?
09) Who was the hardest Gym Leader?
10) Primary, Secondary of Tertiary Version?
11) Do you use the Pokémon Global Link?
12) Do you like the Pokémon Dream World?
13) Creepiest Pokémon Resting Place?
14) Favourite Regional Professor?
15) Favourite Legendary Trio?
16) Favourite Early Bird?
17) Favourite Unova Gym Design?
18) Favourite Ice-type Trainer
19) Favourite Dragon-type Version Mascot
20) Initial Reaction to Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition?
21) Favourite Male Playable Character?
22) Favourite Villainous team?
23) Favourite Early Rodent?
24) Favourite Fossil Pokémon?
25) Most Anticipated 3DS Feature?
26) Favourite Female Playable Character?
27) Thoughts on the Doctor and Nurse trainer classes?
28) Do you nickname your Pokémon?
29) Do you use sacrifical moves?
30) Which Kyurem form is your favourite?
31) Should Black 2 and White 2 have been on the 3DS?
32) Do you participate in official VGC events?
33) Which type needs more attention?.
34) Would you like to see Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition localised?.
35) Will we see any new pokemon in B2W2?
36) Do you like the changes to the EXP system in Black and White?
37) Are you willing to pay the price for Pokédex 3D Pro?
38) Which currently released Mythical Pokémon do you want the most?
39) Would you agree with paid DLC in Pokémon?
40) Do nature and IVs matter to you?
41) Are you content with Pokémon's online?
42) Who is your favourite rival?
43) Favourite Water-type starter?
44) Will you be purchasing Pokémon Conquest?
45) Which is your favourite elemantal monkey?
46) Which is your favourite early game bug?
47) Would you like more Rotom appliances?
48) Do you breed for egg moves?
49) Favourite Unova Gym Badge?
50) How spoiled for Black 2 / White 2 are you?
51) Do the regions have enough diversity in their locations and areas?
52) Which region's gym leaders do you want to rebattle the most?
53) Should Gen VI introduce as many new Pokemon as Gen V did?
54) Have you used a player character of the opposite gender to your own?

Thank you for voting!

-The Video Games Forum Staff

Ahem. First post. And sence I got the first post, I have the right to put this Shiny Shinx here.
403.png

Anyway, I really like the shaking spots, because you get to see some really rare and powerful Pokemon that normally you couldn't obtain through a wild encounter, even on other generations. For example, I heard that you can find Metagross in the Giant Chasim.

Sorta, but I chose no on the poll. They're great for finding certain pokemon, but it's kinda annoying and difficult when Audino is all I ever run into. :V

Otherwise, they're great.

I like it! As said before, you get to find rarer Pokemon like the elemental monkeys and fully evolved Pokemon like Metagross, Crobat, Whimsicott, Lilligant, and more. I've seen lots of different powerful Pokemon so far too, though I prefer to use them for lots of exp rather than catching.

I'd like to see more variety from them rather than them just being Audino fountains, but the idea is great. Maybe the next gen could have multiple rare species with high exp yields, to increase the variety of Pokemon you get out of them while keeping their use in grinding.

I voted yes. They can be a pain if you're using repels to avoid encounters and they keep spawning in awkward places, but they give you more control in facing the rarer Pokemon in the area, and are an easy way to get loads of Exp from Audino battles. (If the Audino know Heal Pulse, free healing!)

Yes, I love them. :> I don't mind all of the Audinos that I see. And, most of the time, I leave with what pokemon I wanted.

I love it! Altough waiting for a shaking grass tile to appear may take forever, Audinos are a fantastic way to gain more exp. points quickly.

Eh, it felt like a really minor thing to be honest. But it was nice that it guaranteed a worthwhile encounter in some fashion.

Also I like how not with shaking grass, but in other areas (caves etc) it could be an item like the elemental gems or a rare/difficult encounter. It gives a reason to check them and makes it much more interesting than Boldore and Woobat and such over and over.

Audino grinding is VERY useful at lower levels. It's invaluable.

I also love the chance of getting trade/ stone evolvers and pseudo legendaries in the wild! My only beefs with them are how the sound never goes away even when you're far from them on the route and you're headed somewhere else, and the wild encounters that get in the way if you are going toward one.

I'll say yes because of the Audino grinding :Þ

Biking/running back and forth until a shaking spot appeared in the grass when grinding seemed a bit bothersome at first but definitely proved worth it in the long run. I didn't mind being able to find certain rare Pokemon in it as well.

I also liked the dust clouds in caves because of the gems/stones you could hoard by using Repels.

I love them, as I can get the chance to catch a rarer Pokemon with an actual battle and a decent ball rather than relying on the crapfest that is the Safari Zone. I want the shaking grass/dust clouds to stay and the Safari Zone to disappear and never return. (Yes, I hate the Safari Zone. I hate it with the burning intensity of a hundred billion noonday desert suns.)

I Like them in water, Because I prefer White, But like red basculins. I also like emolgas & Zebstrikas. Not much of an audino fan, So I use them for grinding. I once used a lv 21 snivy on a 23 audino. My snivy level'd up twice :3

I didn't really care much about them because they're hard to wait for - so I simply just went around on my business and only walked through it when I see one. I didn't deliberately wait for one to appear (cuz all I get is audinos).

A great idea. From Audino grinding to searching for the elusive Tyranitar in the wild, just like the poll says, "What's not to like?"

I like them. You can find more rarer Pokemon and its gives the games something new.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom