• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VG Weekly Poll #6: Is the Battle Tower/Subway too hard?

Is the Battle Tower/Subway too hard?

• Yes!

Votes: 44 48.9%
  • No...

Votes: 46 51.1%

• Total voters
It starts to get tough in the third set. Just before the brain of the tower, they begin to cheat. (at least that's how I see it)

And the subway doesn't reward nearly enough for the challenge, if that tells you anything.

Yeah, like I said, I lack in the Pokemon department. I like how it is actually demanding decent pokemon though.

It's the best enjoyment in the games for me at this point. Though, it has to be mentioned I didn't like how a Cottonee single-handedly trashed all 3 of my pokemon. the others at least were almost serious pokemon. -.- But yeah, that's what's fun in it. Even better if they hax.

I always give up early unless I have a FEAR Rattata. Then I go and play for fun.

So... long story short, yep, too difficult.

Its fairly easy.I get to a streak of 40 matches easily every time in the subway.You need to create a team thoughtfully.Its not just a matter of leveling pokes to level 50 and battling.

It's not too hard; you just have to know what you're doing. For instance, in Sapphire, I rarely made it past the first few rounds of the Battle Tower, usually having met defeat at the hands of a Milotic. So, what did I do? I eventually wised up and brought a Breloom with me. Not too long afterward, I achieved my first-ever 50-win streak. It probably could have gone on even longer if I bothered to EV train or seek out a proper moveset.

The BT in Crystal was impossible to complete to me. I can handle them nowadays though.

I was never able to get the symbols/prints/stars from the Battle Towers, personally - largely because I have little experience outside of battling NPCs and I don't really EV train, not to mention that losing at any point meant that you had to start over at the first trainer. It was a very time-consuming process to get to the point that awarded the trainer star that I sought, not to mention that BP gain is incredibly slow, so there's not much in the way of a consolation prize. In my opinion, B/W did the right thing with adding the Super lines - having a checkpoint of starts to try again from has really helped me and made the whole ordeal much less frustrating.

I thought it was hard at first. Then I went to the Pokemon Tournament in Reading-then-got-moved-to-London-last-of-Gen-IV-blah-blah-blah. And then... it didn't seem very hard vs. battling a real opponent. This is the reason I'm EV training a Lucario now. Stupid rain dance hax...

For the most part, no. But I recall a few times at the higher levels in Emerald where the opponents would somehow predict my team and build theirs to counter it, but that is only at the high levels.

Its fairly easy.I get to a streak of 40 matches easily every time in the subway.You need to create a team thoughtfully.Its not just a matter of leveling pokes to level 50 and battling.

But that's how the rest of the game works so it catches some off guard.

It's easy the first two challenges (14 Battles), but then it gets real hard the third time (21 Battles). You guys should be very proud that you reach even 50 battles, I struggle to get even to 21, even with my best teams.

And my best teams have beaten alot of good battlers. Although I didn't EV or IV train...

It's kind of really hard, but it's just that when I choose my Pokemon, I'm always worrying about it. Cheats do nicely for it, but I don't recommend it.

I'd say its tough, I certainly don't win with just any random team, but if I get serious those battle points start building up. Sadly I haven't played around with this feature too much.

The Battle Tower has always driven me to the edge of supreme frustration. I always lose when it matters most, due to status conditions, or critical hits, etc.

The Battle Subway is a little bit too easy for me. I beat the Single and Super Single trains with hardly as much effort as I have had to do in the Battle Tower.

Not that hard, when I lose, it's often due to my own mistake tbh.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom