• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VGC '11: Needs Comments and suggestions

Gemi

Kanto King
Reaction score
Here's the basics on my team. I haven't worked out exact strategies yet so I am accepting suggestions. I also need Items for a few.

Galvantula Timid @ Focus Sash
4 hp/4 att/252 sp. att/248 Spe
CompundEyes
Thunder
HP Ice
Bug Buzz
Protect

The 2 Attack EVs were given by mistake so fml basically. Galvantula is usually one of my leads along with the next guy.

Terrakion Hardy @ Choice Scarf
8 hp/248 att/252 spe
X-Scissor
EQ
Rock slide
Sacred Sword/Close Combat

Im thinking about scrapping this guy due to nature and less desirable IVs but Im stuck with them unless I get a new one. I am also undecided on last move between those two moves

Golurk Adamant @ Ghost Gem
252 hp/236 att/20 spe
Iron Fist
Shadow Punch
Hammer Arm
Rock Slide
EQ

I use this guy to try to get rid of some common TR users and maybe to hit other guys hard

Carracosta Adamant @ uncertain
220 hp/196 att/92 sp def
Solid Rock
Aqua Jet
Rock Slide
Wide Guard
Waterfall

dont have a real strategy for Carracosta Yet

Archeops Jolly @ Flight Gem
4 hp/252 att/252 spe
Quick Attack
Acrobatics
Rock Slide
Protect

I use this pretty bird to kill amoongus and other troublesome things

I also want a suggestion for last back-up

In Mind:
Meinshao
Seismitoad

Last edited:
Re: VGC: Needs Comments and suddestions

you can use ev reducing berries and feathers to adjust evs. also , you left out evs for the last 4 pokemon

whoops.
I though ev berries were not available in b/w yet.
Edit: Fix'd

Last edited:

You can get them from DW, what will you do if you face a tailwind team? or Rain Dance? Or Sandstorm?

I'm not sure yet, thats why I am taking suggestions.
How would Sandstorm be a problem when half my team is rock and ground?

Sandstorm would be a problem because of the abusers: Excadrill, Garchomp, Landorus, Gliscor, and more.

Sandstorm would be a problem because of the abusers: Excadrill, Garchomp, Landorus, Gliscor, and more.

Garchomp and gliscor are not allowed in vgc and I think I can handle excadrill and landorus

Keep in mind that the winner of the Seattle VGC led with a Thundarus and Landorus (Discharge + EQ). I would expect this to be VERY common in the near future as people watch the video, so it would be advisable that you can defeat these two without taking massive damage.

Keep in mind that the winner of the Seattle VGC led with a Thundarus and Landorus (Discharge + EQ). I would expect this to be VERY common in the near future as people watch the video, so it would be advisable that you can defeat these two without taking massive damage.

Do you have the link by any chance?

If tailwind wasnt used, I can almost OHKO landorus with Hidden Power ICe Galvantula, and choice scarf Terrakion can Rock slide the Thundurus. Unless if that is too predictable and they stop it.

Do you have the link by any chance?

If tailwind wasnt used, I can almost OHKO landorus with Hidden Power ICe Galvantula, and choice scarf Terrakion can Rock slide the Thundurus. Unless if that is too predictable and they stop it.

Yeah I would just run possible outcomes in my head and see which ones let you come out on top. Maybe Terrakion could make use of Protect either in addition to or instead of Galvantula. I'm not an experienced VGC player, so I won't be too much help!

Here are links to the semi finals and finals of the Seattle regional :)

Clicky

I now need to study all of these videos

Smogon has a lot of material on VGC, it wouldn't hurt to read up. There is still a good chance you'll lose to some idiot with insane luck, but at least you'll be prepared :D

Thats where I got all my info from, Smogon. But studying the vids will help. Any ideas for last pokemon for my team? I need Anti-Tailwind and Trick room

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom