• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VGC 2011 locations announced: U.S. to kick off start to 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
VGC 2011 locations announced: U.S. to kick off start to 2011 Season

The European Gaming Website "EuroGamer" has revealed the highly anticipated dates of the 2011 Pokémon Video Game Championships qualifiers! Kicking off on May 14th in Seattle, US. The qualifiers will occur across America and Europe before finishing in Colonge, Germany on July 2nd. Winners of these events will also receive invitations to the World Championships in San Diego, America!

Read more on Bulbanews

So it's not canceled.

:D

Hopefully there will be one near me....then again, I will probably lose in round 1 of the qualifiers.

I'll definitely be going again this year, hopefully this time I can stay and compete. It's gonna be a pain to get off work though, but I'll at least go for the event

It has begun. So I'm guessing its Gen 5 this year?
The rules are Doubles Flat Battle (as with previous events), and only Pokémon in the Unova Pokédex numbered 001-148 and 151 are eligible (Basically, minus all non-Zorua/Zoroark events and the tao trio).

N'awww, Birmingham?!
Living in Norwich has no advantages!

And only Unova Pokes? So no infinite-weather teams? And the only Toxic Spiker being Garbador?

Sounds like fun!

(No sarcasm there... well mostly!)

The closest is in New Jersey... which happens to take place the weekend after my birthday! :D Begging tiem.

Man I was hoping they'd have one somewhere here in Florida. Guess I won't be going this year either.

Crap, I just checked, and the closest one to Cincinnati is in either DC or New Jersey. D:

When will GameStop have another PBR tourney?

The closest one to me is Seattle. :/ Man, I so wish I could enter these just once. Ah, well...

The official VGC website has been updated.

Battles will be done via Infa-Red (So, Wonder Launcher on?), and "Wi-Fi Clause" is on.

With the EU qualifiers, the prizes are:

1st Place:
• A National Championships 1st Place Medal
• A Nintendo 3DS system
• An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World
• Championships in San Diego, California, U.S.A., on August 13th & 14th, 2011
• Airfare and 6-day/5-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships

2nd Place:

• A National Championships 2nd Place Medal
• A Nintendo 3DS system
• An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World
• Championships in San Diego, California, U.S.A., on August 13th & 14th, 2011
• Airfare and 6-day/5-night hotel accommodations for the winner (including parent or legal guardian for players under 18) to attend the Pokémon Video Game World Championships

3rd through 8th Place:
• An invitation to compete at the Pokémon Video Game World Championships in San Diego, California, U.S.A., on August 13th & 14th, 2011

Source: http://www.pokemonvgc.com/en/event/66

I'd probably fall hard on my butt in the first round, but I wish I could go. Even if I couldn't enter, I'd like to see it.

Wait... did they say the San Jose Convention Center?!?

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

*looks at date*
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

The anime convention I'm going to is on the 27th... T_T

On the Pokemon restrictions on the VGC site they spelled Unfezant as "Unfexant". This typo thing is kind of getting amusing. xD "Oshawatt", anyone?

Anyways, the location map up on the site makes the mid US look really deserted. ._. I have next to no knowledge on how the VGC metagame is, so 2 months of cramming and preparing, I choose you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom