• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VGC 2011 locations announced: U.S. to kick off start to 2011 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the map on Pokemon.com, Birmingham is now in Ireland.

I don't see how Irish fans can claim to be ignored when TPCi have gone to the trouble of giving them Birmingham.

Sweet another VGC event pokemon. Still need to get my copy of black version.

Ugly mother of God, I can't go this year! Too bad.

Colonge, Germany?

I'm pretty sure that's not how it's spelled, BulbaBot. :p

DC? YES. This is probably the first time I'm happy I moved to Virginia.
I'm going, even though I know for a fact I'll get knocked out the first round... it's still something I have to do. :) No clue waht to expect, though.

According to the map on Pokemon.com, Birmingham is now in Ireland.

I don't see how Irish fans can claim to be ignored when TPCi have gone to the trouble of giving them Birmingham.

But not with Australia, oh no!

Then again, TPCi** doesn't give two shits about us...and Nintendo Australia is about as reliable with events as our government is on promises.

(there was that EBGames tourney a week or so back, but I was under the impression that was a local thing)

**so why don't they have a Oceania branch? Northern Hemisphere-centrism again?

I've always wondered: What do you get if you win at the world championships? In both video games and the TCG. Do they declare you King of Games? Lame joke aside, can someone answer this?

The caps for the American events are:
Junior & Senior: 512
Masters: 1024

Basically, double the EU xD

Wish I could go, but I hate travel, and I'd probably end up dead last in the rankings.

Even though I don't want to go to these events, I can't believe the San Jose tournament is just 48 miles, or about 45 minutes, from my house! You know, sometimes it's cool living near the Bay Area.

I never really cared about these things, but now I do and I live right next to Newark. Is it first come first serve?

Just booked my hotel for the Birmingham date!

I really want to go,but the only event within my time is the San Jose Californa starting May 21.They also banned use of freefall,witch gets rid of sky drop glitch(sorry glitch exploiters).Since they allow only Unovoa pokemon,it helps the people who haven't completed the in game story-line yet.

Since they allow only Unovoa pokemon,it helps the people who haven't completed the in game story-line yet.

I don't understand this comment; since they all have the same restrictions, wouldn't it be the case that those who have finished the game would be in a better position to win, as they have finished the game?

Oh, their map makes me laugh. Europe and US are now "world", eh? So their food comes from space? 0_o

I just heard from TPCi that the Wonder Launcher will not be on for battles.

I don't understand this comment; since they all have the same restrictions, wouldn't it be the case that those who have finished the game would be in a better position to win, as they have finished the game?
I meant it helped the because,say someone hasn't competed the game yet,though he has 4 lvl 50 pokemon since regulation requires 4 lvl50+ pokemon,he can still enter.Plus,he won't get owned by someones broght over charizard from HS/SS.They've also banned dream world pokemon except for telepathy musharna and zen mode darmanitan

I meant it helped the because,say someone hasn't competed the game yet,though he has 4 lvl 50 pokemon since regulation requires 4 lvl50+ pokemon,he can still enter.Plus,he won't get owned by someones broght over charizard from HS/SS.They've also banned dream world pokemon except for telepathy musharna and zen mode darmanitan

I still don't see how this helps those who haven't beaten the game yet. If anything, these restrictions help those who haven't beaten the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom