• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Fun & Games is searching for new mods! Did I catch your attention? Head on over here!

VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding mas

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding mascots, ...

The official Play! Pokémon rules and formats for the 2014-2015 season VGC tournaments have been revealed by the official site. The standard battle format style will be Flat Double Battles using Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Players can use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, except Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and Diancie. Every Pokémon in a party must have a blue pentagon in the Pokémon summary screen to show that they were obtained in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

Read more on Bulbanews

Erdrick

Hero
Reaction score
Re: VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding

I can't help but think that someone's going to use Hoopa because it's not specifically mentioned in the rules. (If Miiverse is any indication, people do have Hoopa, and some people think it isn't hacked.)

SuperFamicorn

aaaaaaa
Reaction score
Re: VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding

From what I've heard, hacking Gen VI to have specific Pokemon is very difficult to the point where the creator of the PokeGen tool quit entirely. You can never underestimate a hacker's will, though.

MegaFanatic

For Endless Fight
Reaction score

"No Xerneas, Yveltal, or Diancie"
*sudden Hoopa and Volcanion sets emerge*

SnorlaxMonster

Elite Bulbapedian
Reaction score

I can't help but think that someone's going to use Hoopa because it's not specifically mentioned in the rules. (If Miiverse is any indication, people do have Hoopa, and some people think it isn't hacked.)
Modifying your game with an external device, or having a Pokemon obtained using an external device, is against the rules too.

Erdrick

Hero
Reaction score

Modifying your game with an external device, or having a Pokemon obtained using an external device, is against the rules too.
I know that. Hence the last bit at the end "and some people think it isn't hacked".

ocelotlrama jaguar

Fluffy with 80% more spots!
Reaction score

Really disappointed that my massive-ass state only had one regional tournament and it already finished yet California gets to have two with one finished this past October and another one taking place in February 2015. Guess that gives me enough time for the end of 2015, assuming they have it in my state.

Prof.Almeida

Reaction score

Best rule set ever.

And good luck trying to get into real play with Hoopa or Volcanion, since they are both unreleased.