• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding mas

Status
Not open for further replies.

BulbaBot

Dreams of electric Bulbasaur
Reaction score
VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding mascots, ...

The official Play! Pokémon rules and formats for the 2014-2015 season VGC tournaments have been revealed by the official site. The standard battle format style will be Flat Double Battles using Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Players can use Pokémon from the National Pokédex, except Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem, Keldeo, Meloetta and Genesect, Xerneas, Yveltal, Zygarde and Diancie. Every Pokémon in a party must have a blue pentagon in the Pokémon summary screen to show that they were obtained in Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire.

Read more on Bulbanews

Re: VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding

I can't help but think that someone's going to use Hoopa because it's not specifically mentioned in the rules. (If Miiverse is any indication, people do have Hoopa, and some people think it isn't hacked.)

Re: VGC 2015 rules and formats announced: Pokémon from the National Pokédex excluding

From what I've heard, hacking Gen VI to have specific Pokemon is very difficult to the point where the creator of the PokeGen tool quit entirely. You can never underestimate a hacker's will, though.

"No Xerneas, Yveltal, or Diancie"
*sudden Hoopa and Volcanion sets emerge*

I can't help but think that someone's going to use Hoopa because it's not specifically mentioned in the rules. (If Miiverse is any indication, people do have Hoopa, and some people think it isn't hacked.)

Modifying your game with an external device, or having a Pokemon obtained using an external device, is against the rules too.

Modifying your game with an external device, or having a Pokemon obtained using an external device, is against the rules too.

I know that. Hence the last bit at the end "and some people think it isn't hacked".

Really disappointed that my massive-ass state only had one regional tournament and it already finished yet California gets to have two with one finished this past October and another one taking place in February 2015. Guess that gives me enough time for the end of 2015, assuming they have it in my state.

Best rule set ever.

And good luck trying to get into real play with Hoopa or Volcanion, since they are both unreleased.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom