• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Victini vs. Mew

Mewie Mew Cat

SO HAPPY
Reaction score
590px-151Mew.png
481px-494Victini.png

Victini and Mew are both.....well...cute, and they're legendaries. Also, they're both psychic-types. Who is more adorable? Who is stronger? Who do you like better?

I like Mew, because he looks cuter, he is rarer, and he can FLY!

Last edited:
Who is more adorable?

Mew. At least to me, Victini is very... weird.

Who is stronger?

Mew, I guess.

Who do you like better?

I never used a Mew in-game and I loved to use Victini in BW.
So my vote goes to Victini.

Design-wise, I won't be 'biased' and go with Victini. Clearly it has some sort of theme going on; Mew's just a pink fetus.

Battling-wise, they're the same in base stats, but Mew has the unpredictability on it's side with it's HUGE movepool. Although, Victini gets points for V-Create. Still, I've used a Mew in HGSS (10th Anniversary) and, man, do they hit hard.

Conclusion? I haven't cashed in my Liberty Pass yet, despite getting it a month ago. So I don't have a feel for Victini's persona as of right now. I'll say that Mew is a definite favorite for me, though. Mysterious and playful come through in it's anime appearances, and in-game it's strong and varied. It's also the original Pokemon, you know, before Arceus came along. For now, then, I'll choose Mew.

PS ~ Are you just making this thread to justify your username? XD

Even though Victini is better design wise & has the unique typing, Mew beats Victini in so many ways. Like this one: Mew knows EVERY TM & HM. A shitload of moves to choose from to such a tiny little creature. ;) Lets not forget it contains the DNA all pokemon. I can always respect that.

Last edited:
Mew would probably win due to its huge movepool, but I prefer Victini for his design. So Victini gets my vote.

Who is more adorable?- Victini is really, really cute!! :) :)

Who is stronger?- Mew has the movepool of all movepools. Mew wins.

Who do you like better?- I've used both (10th anniversary Mew in HG and Liberty Pass Victini in White) and I would have to say Mew. Mew has gotten me out of more tough situations than Victini has. But Victini is still a good Pokémon.

I'm gonna pick Mew over Victini, because Mew can fly and Victini cannot. And also Mew can learn a lot of moves.

More adorable?
-Victini is. Mew has already an impression of pedophile to me after kidnapping Pikachu in the Lucario movie. LOL

Stronger?
-Mew definitely.

I prefer?
-Victini. Mew is a shotacat.

I'm gonna pick Mew over Victini, because Mew can fly and Victini cannot. And also Mew can learn a lot of moves.

Actually, in the trailer for the new movies it shows Victini flying. Buttwings.

Anyway, Mew is way better, I hate Victini, that nasty little brat was harder to catch than all the other legendaries for me and I don't like how it looks either. I'm not a big fan of it's backstory either, and why it deserves to be "0" in the pokedex.

This one is interesting. Back when Black and White were announced, I hated Victini. I considered it to have all what I don't like in a pokemon's design, in spite of loving everything else that was shown.

Perhaps I was wearing nostalgia goggles myself. I got to preffer Mew over it because of it's importance in Gen. I and all.

But when I actually started playing and looked at the rest of similar legendaries, I figured Mew was actually the one I liked the least in design and that Victini wasn't that bad, being more like a fire Celebi. I also liked the event in the game, which is preciselly the sort of thing I'd have liked to see with the rest of "event pokemon".

Also at that point I had a pokeball, a superball, and an ultraball, and only a grass type to sleep it. That was challenging.

I love Victini, but Mew is impossible to vote against. Its design is wonderfully simple, it can learn pretty much any move... how can I vote against it?

Hmm... I'd say it's a toss up. Whoever can use Shadow Ball faster, I guess. Which is hard, because both have the same base stats in each category.

Unless Victini can't learn it, in which case Mew wins.

I wish Victini was winning this vote. D8 Victini is an usagi-ringo! Mew is just a pink fetus. Easily Victini has a more cuter design, and an original type (with the exception of Zen Darmanitan). Psychic/Fire, people! Even with it's loads of weaknesses, it is still an amazing typing!

@A@ At least for me, it is! I've been wanting a Psychic/Fire type ever since Gen II! Victini made that dream come true, and I'm loving that little fire bunny more than ever. He helped me out in my US White run. What as Mew ever done for me, besides requiring me to hack to catch him? Plus he's so overrated anyway. :/

Victini, I hope you get more votes! D8

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom