• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Victini vs. Mew

Looks: I think Victini looks a whole lot better, but Irather the original pokemon.
Mew

Strength: Victini can get a whole of a lot stronger with all the new pokemon and with a majority of them giving boatloads of EV's, and the fact that they are weak to psychic and/or fire, which victini gets STAB with for both. Mew just goes all fancy with it's moves.
Victini

Usage: Victini and Mew have been both out of my reach, because I have no WI-FI I can connect to, but it has got to be Vivtini because it helped me beat the elite four in pokemon white, while mew just helped me get my butt kicked by a friend.

Choice: (drumroll please)
MEW...
wait, what, I SAID VICTINI.​

mew is sooooo much cuter, has a way better move pool, can learn transform, makes the cutest noises.

in a battle in the animae victiny would win due to its victory
but WTF... it has butt-wings!

my vote goes to mew FTW

mew because it's from the frist gen

I prefer Mew in every way personally. Victini looks cool, but Mew looks awesome and its such a simply designed pokemon. I've also gotta stand behind Mew's insane movepool.

I really can't decide, Victini's got an awesome typing and Mew can learn every HM/TM and they're both so adorable ^_^

I find Mew cuter, plus it's pink; my favorite color. ^_^
So, Mew for me.

Well..
For Adorableness: both.. in their own ways, of course.
Mew: I always liked mew.. well maybe its because it was one of the first legendaries.
Victini: I don't know about this guy, He's okay in my eyes.. but his design is a little off IMO.
For Power: I really can't say because I never caught any of them. but I heard that Victini is a flipping duck to catch.

I prefer Mew.

Victini has a cuter design, gives lots of EXP, and Victory Star is a bit more helpful than Mew's Synchronize.
Mew, however, has fewer weaknesses and every TM option (even useless Attract)

Victini wins because it's actually the first Legend I bothered training, and boy, has he gotten far. Also, I own the fan club for it.

um i pick mew as the pokemon that can learn all moves. but i pick victini for cuteness... i just like so much in the 14th movie of pokemon :)

victini can learn shadow ball :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Mew. Victini's cute and V-Create is insanely powerful, but few Pokemon can match Mew's movepool. The ability to learn every TM makes it a ton of fun to use and experiment with.

I have been playing the games since Gen 1 and I do love Mew, but I have to say the newest addition Victini is just cuter to me. I really started liking Victini from the 14th Movie, as it's cute charms and gestures just won me over.

When I played the original Pokemon games I always saw Mew as this mysterious and elusive Pokemon, but because of that fact and because I never got to know Mew properly back then I ended up even liking Mewtwo better than Mew itself. Also in competitive battling I run my teams on a good balance between Offence and Defence, which Victini provides that balance in itself having offensive power with V-Create (one of the most powerful moves in the games) and having decent bulk at the same time.

I have yet to obtain a Mew after all these years, but I have battled them and I can say that they were a bit tricky, but just not as powerful as I would think they would be. So Victini gets my vote :D

Mew.

It's the ancestor of all Pokémon (which kinda makes me hate the back story to Arceus)
Sure, Victini has a unique type combination (save Darmanitan's Zen Mode, which I think should be Rock/Psychic anyway), but what's the point of it? What about Victini's design, besides coloring, says "Fire"? I don't get it.
Mew can learn EVERY TM AND HM. What about that is not awesome?
Mew's design, to me, is much better. Long feet FTW :ksmile:

My vote goes 100% to Mew. :mail:

Oh this is a torturous question. x.x
I love them both.

Victini amuses me in my White version since I got it after Black. I haven't played White much, and I got the event Victini from the premier of Pokemon: Black: Victini and Reshiram. I can't use it. X3 I haven't even got past the first gym on White. XD

Although, my Mew also amuses me, since I got it from an event as well, and it's level five, still. XD I haven't bothered to train it at all in HeartGold or SoulSilver. XD

So, I... Have to vote Victini. I just love it more, since I can actually draw it. XD I fail at Mew. X3

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom