• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Victini Wi-Fi Event Announced

Excellent, we can start off with a victini on our teams too. I probably won't use it on my team, but I might do the event and catch it right away.

Interesting tidbit on the American/English wifi thing. Hope it still works for the 5th gen victini event.

They haven't changed how Wifi works in Gen V.

This is the EXACT SAME EVENT the US will have, just 2 days shorter.

They just haven't announced it for us yet. Trust me, it'll end the same date.

um to get more than 1 Victini, that way you have extras to trade or whatever.

But how do you get more than one Victini? That's where I'm confused. Does having more than one ticket allow you to do the event over and over again?

Ooh how awesome! 8D A Victini right on the day I get Black/White! My sister and I can get multiple Vicitni if one of us doesn't mind starting over a lot. D:

Hooray, consistent events throughout the regions. This does make me wonder if we'll see things like the Mystery Egg, Zuruggu, and Bark-Out Zoroark, since TCPi seems to be on top on certain event mons recently.

Well, from the sound of this, it sounds like the non-important countries doesn't get this privilege, which is a bummer (Correct me if other countries are able to get it as well, I am not familiar with it).

(I am glad no one's complaining about the name change from Liberty Ticket to Liberty Pass. Yes, it's the same, but it's nice to know that no one here is that nitpicky.)

Thanks for reading.

Speaking of that, they changed the name of the Bulbapedia article but didn't add the dates.

Someone should fix that.

Well, from the sound of this, it sounds like the non-important countries doesn't get this privilege, which is a bummer (Correct me if other countries are able to get it as well, I am not familiar with it).

(I am glad no one's complaining about the name change from Liberty Ticket to Liberty Pass. Yes, it's the same, but it's nice to know that no one here is that nitpicky.)

Thanks for reading.
To be fair, "Pass" makes more sense, because you can visit the Liberty Island multiple times (Although once you catch Victini, it's a bit pointless to). A "Ticket" makes people think of a one-time only thing.

I'm glad they're moving to Wi-Fi -- not everyone can get to the places where the event is being held (I'm looking at you, Toys 'R' Us.) Hopefully this bodes well for the PAL regions.

I'm glad they're moving to Wi-Fi -- not everyone can get to the places where the event is being held (I'm looking at you, Toys 'R' Us.) Hopefully this bodes well for the PAL regions.

I don't know what makes you think that. They've put all the released event items in Gen IV through WiFi (and conveniently ignores Arceus for the rest of us) including Rotom's Secret Key event. They're putting on WiFi all the important Pokémon for their advertising campaign, but I doubt they'd do that for movie promotions and from the looks of it, all Event Pokemon seem to have been set up as movie promotions. The only in-game events they have only activate once their in the game and there's no backstory on their capture. The only reason I can see them justify this with Victini is that it has an exclusive move.

I was lucky to get PCP from Europe's Wifi event, now I don't know what I'm going to do in Gen VI if wifi events get region-locked, but as for now, live in the present.

I was lucky to get PCP from Europe's Wifi event, now I don't know what I'm going to do in Gen VI if wifi events get region-locked, but as for now, live in the present.

Fortunately, things seem to be looking up for Canada in terms of retail events at either Gamestop or TRU since we're getting the Beasts & Celebi and Ash's Pikachu. And we'll always get the Wi-Fi events even if they're region-locked (though I think the chance is almost nil) as we'll simply share the US ones and TPCi isn't going to ignore the US.

Fortunately, things seem to be looking up for Canada in terms of retail events at either Gamestop or TRU since we're getting the Beasts & Celebi and Ash's Pikachu. And we'll always get the Wi-Fi events even if they're region-locked (though I think the chance is almost nil) as we'll simply share the US ones and TPCi isn't going to ignore the US.

I was more or less talking about retail events that turn WiFi for Europe, and I do hope that this is a continuing trend with retailers.

That's 'cuz none of the European Beasts have been up yet, and won't start 'til February 7th. Honestly, this was all covered (about 2 dozen times) in the Bulbanews thread.

The Gamestop ones will still be rarer, though. Everyone is gonna have the Wi-Fi Beasts coming out their ears, whereas the ones with OT: GAMESTP will be harder to come by.

I don't have time to read forum posts.

I don't have time to read forum posts.
Objection! There is a contradiction in your statement!
You say you have no time to read forum posts, yet not only did you just read one, but you replied to it as well!

[/TooMuchPhoenixWrightToday]

To be fair, "Pass" makes more sense, because you can visit the Liberty Island multiple times (Although once you catch Victini, it's a bit pointless to). A "Ticket" makes people think of a one-time only thing.

You can still hatch Pokémon eggs in that location after catching Victini, so it isn't as pointless as you think.

About the name of the key item, I prefer 'Liberty Ticket'; the point that you're trying to make isn't as valid as you think because in past games, some key items labelled as 'tickets' -even in the non-Japanese localizations- allowed the player character to return to the location which they unlocked. For example, there are the Eon Ticket (only in Emerald), the Aurora and the Mystic Tickets.

You can still hatch Pokémon eggs in that location after catching Victini, so it isn't as pointless as you think.
I know you can; but that's only a very minor detail. Still pretty pointless to revisit it, unless you want to hatch eggs in event-only locations to taunt people who check your team but haven't had the events xD

About the name of the key item, I prefer 'Liberty Ticket'; the point that you're trying to make isn't as valid as you think because in past games, some key items labelled as 'tickets' -even in the non-Japanese localizations- allowed the player character to return to the location which they unlocked. For example, there are the Eon Ticket (only in Emerald), the Aurora and the Mystic Tickets.
Yeah, I know they allowed you to return. However, "Pass" makes it sound more likely to allow for repeat travel. But we all know the most important reason is:

Liberty Ticket = 14 Characters
Liberty Pass = 12 Characters

So they wouldn't be able to fit Liberty Ticket.

Ultimately, I think Ryu Shoji is correct -- it's probably more for the space restrictions than anything else. Although the word "pass" is a better descriptor.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom