• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Speculation Victory Road. Hard or Easy?

ArvAl

Not gone yet. I refuse
Reaction score
Title says it all. So do you guys think that this last obstacle in Hoenn before Evergrande City Pokemon League will get harder or easier? Give me a reason guys :thumbup:

Well, naturally I think it will get more difficult, though it wasn't so easy back in the originals either, not hard, but not easy either. What I loved in the original Hoenn Victory Road was that the trainers in there had a lot of Pokémon variation, so it was fun to go through, unlike other games where it was just a quick fix of battles before the E4. I think they'll adapt on it a lot more now, maybe even add a few little new areas we can explore. I'm also hoping they make Ever Grande a lot more like a City in stead of just having a Pokémon Centre with flowers around it going up to the cave lol.

They will probably make it easier if they can. I can't really call ANY of the Victory Roads that hard per se save for the very first one, which not only had the trainers, but a puzzle as well. If I remember, this VR had puzzle elements too, but it's the kind of puzzle a 2 year old could solve. Really obvious answer. They seem dead set on reducing the usage of HMs, so all the VR road is today is mostly trainers. I know that XY still made you use the HMs, but it was only to get past an arbitrary road block. I honestly haven't found Victory Road to be that bad in years. They'll probably make it pretty easy.

As for Ever Grande itself, I feel like the "going up a waterfall to get to Victory Road" has been played out, but they might still keep this feature simply because it's what people expect. The League itself has never been cause for much fanfare. For three gens in a row, all we've got for a League is some castle. Being that this is a remake, though, we may just have the tower like before.

I think they won't be harder. Cause leveling up pokemon keep getting easier and easier.

And since main story usually just 'For Fun' but people have option to build competitive party for battle with other players. I'm not competitive player so I prefer this way.

I think it'll probably get easier layout wise, they're probably going to redesign it to use less HMs and a more straightforward path like they've been doing with every game since BW1. I actually think a redesign would be pretty neat if they mix things up a little with the environments like they did in BW2 and XY, if they just keep it a generic cave like the original, it's going to be pretty boring. Maybe they can replace the bottom floor with a new outdoor area that's a hilly grass/flower field and a river running through it to match the terrain of Evergrande City. In terms of trainer rosters, it depends, they might use some stronger Pokemon this time, but I don't think the trainer rosters are going to improve significantly unless they add more Pokemon to the Hoenn Dex.

I think at least levelling up could be easier. I for example am putting off finishing Emerald because Im at the point where its extremely hard to level up my team in Victory Road and it's kinda making me not want to finish. Other than that I'd say keep it the same.

As long as they get rid of some of the more annoying HM-needed puzzles, I don't really care. Travelling through the cave will most likely be easier, as others have said.

If they decide to carry over the Exp. Share from XY to ORAS, I can also see Trainers' Pokémon levels getting at least some boost... But honestly I doubt it'll be much. I think the new Exp. Share may actually help with the grinding issues that would happen in RSE during the main story, but I guess we'll see when the games come out.

I know Flash is not technically required to traverse the Victory Road but i hope they remove the need for Flash in some areas, i had to waste a moveslot in my Manectric for Flash and Flash is useless in battle. I also hope they keep that possible Double Battle right at end where one trainer had two Slaking and the other a Gardevoir and a Dusclops and both those pokemon had Skill Swap to switch their ability with Slaking, thus removing the Truant of Slaking and making the battle fun.

Edit: This Double Battle only happens in Emerald and apparentely these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, sigh....

Last edited:
I want it to stay hard. I want the Wally fight at the end so if you lose you'll get sent to the Evergrande Pokemon Center. I'd even like for it to get harder.

I know Flash is not technically required to traverse the Victory Road but i hope they remove the need for Flash in some areas, i had to waste a moveslot in my Manectric for Flash and Flash is useless in battle. I also hope they keep that possible Double Battle right at end where one trainer had two Slaking and the other a Gardevoir and a Dusclops and both those pokemon had Skill Swap to switch their ability with Slaking, thus removing the Truant of Slaking and making the battle fun.

Edit: This Double Battle only happens in Emerald and apparentely these are remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, sigh....

That wouldn't stop them from keeping it if they want to.

That wouldn't stop them from keeping it if they want to.
I sure hope so, that Double Battle was really fun, can't say that for the rest of trainers in Hoenn Victory Road, they were a joke.

It will be the same as it was in the originals. So a great deal more annoying than XY's, but nothing too challenging.

I think this year they will make it more harder but I recommended that they will not use to much puzzles using HM Strenght or Rock smash coz it much difficult to solve against with them.

They have to keep the layout the same, along with upping the AI. Hoenn's VR is easily the most gauntlet-like dungeon outside of XY, with the insanely epic music combined with the twisting maze that it is, and downplaying it would destroy any hint of nostalgia or uniquness it had. And I do believe they'll do just that, as like I said XY's VR is more or less a straightforward RSE VR.

We haven't had a traditional Victory Road since Platinum (!): HGSS's had no trainers, and BW, BW2 and XY's all implemented outer portions and it was no longer just a big cave. So I wonder if GameFreak will do the same here. It's "Ever Grande City," after all; maybe Victory Road itself could be the establishment for that city and throughout the dungeon you'll be taken to outside spots filled with buildings, tree and other city-esque things. I think that'd be fun to see.

We haven't had a traditional Victory Road since Platinum (!): HGSS's had no trainers, and BW, BW2 and XY's all implemented outer portions and it was no longer just a big cave. So I wonder if GameFreak will do the same here. It's "Ever Grande City," after all; maybe Victory Road itself could be the establishment for that city and throughout the dungeon you'll be taken to outside spots filled with buildings, tree and other city-esque things. I think that'd be fun to see.

That may be interesting. Ever Grande City was never really a city anyways. Victory Road being a large city with trainers and wild pokemon might be awesome.

I did a little research, and wow, you're right, this is the only League location that is explicitly referred to as a city. It's also the only place other than Indigo Plateau that has it's own name other than just being called "Pokemon League". On that, I'm unsure if they will make the effort to actually make it look like a city. The idea behind all the Leagues is just that, it's the League. Nothing more, nothing less. You're just here to fight the E4 and champion anyway.

Ugh, I remember from Ruby and Emerald that the Victory Road was so frickin' long. Like it took me 30-45 minutes to get through it after I'd defeated everyone inside. I hope they make it SHORTER. But I hope they keep the same amount of trainers, add outdoor areas like they did with the Kalos and Unova roads, make the battles much harder and ADD A FREAKING CITY to Evergrande "City"... -_-

Ugh, I remember from Ruby and Emerald that the Victory Road was so frickin' long. Like it took me 30-45 minutes to get through it after I'd defeated everyone inside. I hope they make it SHORTER. But I hope they keep the same amount of trainers, add outdoor areas like they did with the Kalos and Unova roads, make the battles much harder and ADD A FREAKING CITY to Evergrande "City"... -_-

If you could make it like that you could receive a lots of complain comin at ya because longer VR doesn't mean that the game is hard and besides shorter the VR, the shorter the adrenaline to level up you know.

One more thing, FYI I only beat this course about 20 minutes including battling with Wally.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom