• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Video Game Championship and Nov. International Challenge 2019 Format Discussion

Fluttershy of Light

Star Guardian Ahri
Reaction score
The VGC Rules for 2019 were revealed during Worlds this past weekend. They will be dividing VGC into 3 different categories for the rest of 2018 and 2019. VGC is of course doubles format with a choose a team of 6 and pick four of them to battle. And Since this is the official Format of Pokemon I felt it would be a good place to have some discussion for VGC.

The first one is called the Sun series which allows for all Pokemon to be used minus the Mythical Pokemon and Ash-Greninja with Mega Stones, the Red and Blue Orbs, and Z- Crystals banned. Rayquaza may also not know Dragon Ascent. The time was also changed from 5 minutes to 7 minutes of your time. The Sun Series will begin on September 4th and last until January 7th 2019.

The next series will be called the Moon Series which has the same rules as before but with the addition of Z-crystals being allowed except for Ultra Necrozma's. Mega stones the orbs and Dragon Ascent are still banned however along with Mythical Pokemon and Ash-Greninja. This one will run through January 8th through April 1st.

The last one is the Ultra Series which allow for everything to be used minus mythical Pokémon, Duplicate items, and Pokemon which is in all three of the series. This series will last from April 2nd until 2019 Worlds (exact date unspecified).

Which Series are you looking forward to the most and what do you think will be some of the dominant cores in the three series? Also what teams do you have planned for these Series?

Last edited:
A bit Late but the Next Global Link battle will be using the Ultra series format rules. Registration begins on the 6th through the 13th UTC time while battles will be through the 14th-16th of September you can only battle 10 times per day.
The official rules will be in the op.

A bit Late but the Next Global Link battle will be using the Ultra series format rules. Registration begins on the 6th through the 13th UTC time while battles will be through the 14th-16th of September you can only battle 10 times per day.
The official rules will be in the op.
When they usually publish the results?

When they usually publish the results?
Usually it's a week or two after the competition ends. I just checked the official site though and they are now up.. they just forgot to make an announcement for it again lol. Don't know when the BP will be receivable though but it should be soon..
I'm also expecting the next competition to be announced this coming Tuesday after the Maintenance period is over. Though whether or not it's vgc related is yet to be seen..

The November International Challenge has been announced. This follows the VGC Sun Series rules so Double format with no Z-crystals, Megas, or Primals are allowed and Rayquaza can't have Dragon Ascent. The prize being a shiny Shiny Tapu Lele as many have probably heard by know lol.
Registration begins on November 20th UTC and lasts until November 29th. Battles begin on November 30th UTC until December 2nd. It will be 15 battles per day with any leftover games carrying over to the next day

Signups for the November International Challenge are open! They'll remain open until the 29th, but you'll want to sign up as quick as you can - once 50,000 people have been signed up, that'll be the limit for the challenge!

I've been changing my team for the comp like 3 times already lol. It's currently Groudon, Ho-oh, Lele, Amoonguss, Whimsicott, and Shedinja. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep using this team when it starts but i wouldn't be surprised if i do change it before then. :p i definitely have the time to change things up before it begins though..

The registration for the November International challenge ends in about 3 hours and 20 minutes. It's your last change to sign up unless it's already been filled up..

Edit the International challenge has begun.

Last edited:
The Shiny Lele is now available. The nature isn't locked to any specific one so it can be either modest or Timid..

The February international Challenge was announced. This IC will follow the Moon Series rules. The registration begins on February 14th and battles will begin on the 22nd and last until the 24th.
The prize this time is a Shiny Tapu Bulu.

May international challenge was finally announced and we'll be getting a shiny Fini as the reward. It'll be in Ultra series format.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom